*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1717605-Journal-Entry-Part-I
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Inspirational · #1717605
Life is an odd element, has a life of its own and is untamable.
Part I
Life has a funny way of changing people’s lives. One minute things can be fantastic, and the next, something trips you up, and you’re flat on your face, trying to pick yourself up. We have had that plenty of times, but every time we tried to pick ourselves up and carry on, something would knock us back down. This time, however, not only have we managed to pick ourselves up, but we’re back on the horse, so to speak.
After everything that happened with our former housemates, we did not expect to be where we are now: In our own unit, owned by a friendly man willing to allow us to make this feel like home in almost anyway we want, managed by a real estate agent who, despite being extremely busy, still takes the time to make sure that he can help us in whatever way he can, and now, Justin has a work trial with a very good chance of landing the position. As excited as I am, part of me does think “Ok, something big must be about to crash in to our lives, it’s too much good all at once, what’s the catch?”
I believe this is part of human nature; to doubt and second guess when good things happen. Not everyone thinks this way, though. Indeed, recently, I was part of a discussion on a friend’s Facebook status, and it was stated that humans ask “Why?” when bad things happen, but don’t ask questions when our lives are good.
So what is it that makes some of us question the good, and others just take it for granted? From personal experience, those that question the good are those who keep getting bad hand after bad hand, and are constantly fighting to have a good life. We certainly have had a rough trot, and become slightly skeptical when things work out. And because of that skepticism, things often do turn rotten again.
As for those who take the good times for granted… Well, I really can’t answer for them. Maybe it’s not a matter of taking things for granted, so much as just being so positive and self-assured, that they attract the good things in life. But life can’t just be all sunshine and lollypops. We do need the bad times to truly appreciate the good .When bad times happen to some people, they don’t see that it’s just life keeping us on our toes, making us appreciate the good. They just cry, and ask “Why me?” They run straight to others to pick them up instead of learning from the experience, ask for advice and pick themselves up.
Our bad times and mistakes are our own, and it’s not up to others to pick us up, because once they let us go, we’re just going to fall back down. We need to get on our own feet. Fair enough to accept help offered, but we can’t come to rely on others all the time, otherwise we will never truly appreciate good things. If we don’t fight and work for the good in life, it isn’t as satisfying.
© Copyright 2010 Casey Kerwitz (caseylk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1717605-Journal-Entry-Part-I