*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1717607-Journal-Entry-Part-II
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Experience · #1717607
More proof how Life has a mind of its own, and attempts to understand it are simply futile
Part II
Sometimes things in life just fall in to place without much effort on our part. Take us getting this unit for example. We walked past it when it first became available. I was immediately drawn to it, for some reason I didn’t understand at the time. A few weeks on, our housemates’ brother applied for it, and I got worried. What if he got this unit that I was drawn to, before we were ready to apply? Unfortunately for him, but lucky for us, his application was unsuccessful. A few weeks later, when our housemates decided that we couldn’t stay if we couldn’t support them with rent and food, we then applied for the unit, and it was only a matter of a few days before we were told our application was successful.
It was the first unit we applied for, and we were approved. It was such a fantastic feeling, getting the phone call to come down the next morning and sign the lease. It was an even better feeling the other day when we picked up the keys and started moving things in. But the best feeling comes today, when we’ve been in here for a few days; we’re mostly settled in, having a quiet Sunday after a delicious breakfast and planning what other furniture and décor we want to get.
The owner of this unit was here yesterday fixing some things up for us that weren’t discovered until we moved in, and we had a bit of a chat. He’s a really nice person, and we couldn’t have asked for anyone better. I mentioned to him that we were looking at staying here long term, as long as he was willing to have us live here, and that, if he agreed to it, we would like to paint the interior a little while down the track once we’ve proved ourselves as good tenants. His father, who I spoke to first, seemed happy enough, and said as long as the colours were neutral then he was sure Ashley, his son, would be more than happy to allow us to do that and reimburse us in rent. When I then spoke to Ashley about paint, he said that he was happy if it helped us feel more at home. We had only been in the unit for 2 days, and were meeting him for the first time, and he is already implying he is happy with us to stay in for long-term. What more could we ask for in the person who owns where we live? I almost could have hugged Ashley yesterday when he said that.
So now, we have lots of ideas for what we want to do here. We have to start thinking about colour schemes to match the furniture that we want to get, and present them to Ashley for approval, of course. We also have décor that we want to get, such as paintings, vases, bric-a-brac and artificial plants just to mention a few ideas. It will be a lot of money to spend, and in the end, worth every penny when we finally have somewhere to call our own, and somewhere we can be proud of when we have people over.
Sometimes life has a funny way of changing our lives. This is one of those times that I’m happy to sit back and have a laugh with Life.
© Copyright 2010 Casey Kerwitz (caseylk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1717607-Journal-Entry-Part-II