*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1718569-Original-Preface
Rated: 13+ · Draft · Young Adult · #1718569
This is the original prologue to Anywhere. Which one?
I never had issues sleeping until I found myself putting my mind into two categories: reasonable and desirable. I haven’t looked at escaping my world—and succeeding as a possibility. Then again, I never dreamed of the possible.

I painted a picture in my head of what I have and what I should. It didn’t matter to me if I was pressed to be comfortable with my vision of decency. I managed to agree that my existence was forced upon me to begin with. No options or debates.

What I have is difficult to swallow whole and I didn’t ask for what I had already coming. Eventually, arguing with my undefeated conscious was pointless. I refused to submit.

In the words of my delusional mother, “Emma, you worry too much about love and life. Just go with the flow, sweetheart.” It would be exactly like her and I envied her for that sort of enthusiasm.

I started to realize I wasn’t alone, standing defenseless was a guy who had the same mental stability as me. He had something to hide, maybe more than one thing. I couldn’t grasp the theory but it was drawing me toward him, slowly.

© Copyright 2010 C.N. Clark (cassiec23 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1718569-Original-Preface