*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1718858-Adventures
Rated: E · Other · Contest Entry · #1718858
Daily Flash Entry
She loved chasing leaves. She was banging on the patio door trying to get to the leaves when the tall creature that kept her dish full came into the room.

“Misty, what are you doing you silly kitty, chasing leaves again? Let me open the door you can go clean the deck off.”

Misty watched, eyes wide, as the screen door began to slide open. Her tail was shaking with excitement as the cool fall air tickled her whiskers. Before the door was barely open she slithered through and ambushed an unsuspecting leaf that was trying making its way to parts unknown.

She stood on the deck, her head swivelling like a tennis spectator at the harbingers of fall as they blew from all angles and dropped from the large branches above. She couldn’t decide which to attack first. Her ears moved ever so slightly as she dove to the left on the growing pile of gold.

She slipped on the decks dampness and in an attempt to correct her footing tripped down the stairs and into the pond, submerging for a second before she pulled herself onto the base of the fountain. Breathless and startled she was about to shake off the water when a bright orange snack caught her attention. Swiping the water in hopes of an early dinner she didn’t realize that the movement would set off the motion-detection sprayer that was set beside the pond to discourage the herons from doing the very thing Misty was trying to do.

As the spray hit her she jumped behind the fountain, looking for a safe route back to the portal she had entered this world from. Her head shot up as the familiar voice called her name and she rushed back to the one that would save her.






© Copyright 2010 cheryl losch (closch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1718858-Adventures