*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1719215-That-Night
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Experience · #1719215
This story is about underage drinking and why you shouldn't do it.
It was a hot summer night in Rochester when a group of friends and I made a bad decision. Tara, Derek, Nate, Carlie, and I were all going over to Bryce’s house to hang out. After they were at Bryce’s house for about an hour they were really bored. Nate said, “I have an idea, why don’t we all pitch up on a bottle and drink?” “Yes!” Exclaimed Tara, Derek, Bryce, Carlie, and I. Melissa added, “But who would buy the bottle, and what kind?” “I know people and let’s drink on some Grey Goose.” Replied Nate. That was it, the group of teenagers decided they were drinking, and there was no changing their mind.
Who would buy their alcohol? An older friend? A random person they came across? Of course a random person they came across that was twenty-one. His name was Greg. He was twenty-one years old and was willing to buy it. After they got the alcohol, they all went back to Bryce’s house because no parents were home. Bryce, Carlie, Derek, Nate, and I thought we should start drinking. We each got one cup full of Grey Goose. When we all got drunk I, in my drunken stupidity, decided we should walk around town. “Why would we walk around? That’s going to get us in trouble if we get caught.” asked Tara. “Exactly, if we get caught. Just come on, quit being a baby!” I replied. Tara said, “Okay.” So we all went on a walk and let me tell you how that worked out. We were causing a whole bunch of chaos to the town of Rochester. We talked to everyone in site and chased a few people down the street. That’s when we ran into Mark driving around in his van. “Mark!” screamed Carlie, and we all ran over to his car. We decided that we wanted to go to Walmart, so Carlie asked, “Will you take us to Walmart?” “sure, I’d be glad too.” Mark remarked. So Derek, Nate, Bryce, Carlie, Tara, and I all hopped into the big van. Soon enough we pulled up to Walmart. Everyone want to take their cups in, but I told them no. that’s too risky to get caught, so we left the cups in the van. On our adventure around Walmart, we went to the perfume and ran into this old lady. She said, “Are you girls trying to smell pretty?” I said, “Yes ma’m.” “Yuck! What’s that smell? It seems to smell of alcohol.” We sprayed ourselves and then walked away. We needed to get out of Walmart. If the scent was that strong that an old lady could smell it, it must be bad. We hurried up and ran behind the sweepers, down the hall, and out the front door. All of us went back to Marks van. “All of that worrying is making me hungry!” Exclaimed Derek. “Let’s go to McDonald’s then!” Yelled Bryce in joy. He was so hungry. Next thing you know we’re in McDonald’s drive through. I swear we ordered that whole menu. We all were starved. After McDonald’s we decided to go back to Rochester. Once we made it back to Rochester, we all decided to go back to Bryce’s house and hang out in the back yard.
Since we were all drunk we decided to have more people come up, Samantha and Mike. Since Tara was so wasted, she was talking reckless and told everyone that Mike hit Samantha and her. Once Bryce, Nate, and Derek heard that Mike hit girls, especially their friend Tara. So when Mike came up their plan was to jump him. Several minutes later Mike came up. We all talked and chilled for a while. About an hour later Mike said, “I think I am going to go home, I’m getting tired.” The guys thought it was time. They waited until Mike got on the street and Bryce, Derek, and Nate made a circle around Mike. “So you like hitting girls?” Bryce shouted. Mike gave him a confused look, that’s when I realized Tara was probably just trying to cause drama. Then out of nowhere Nate hits Mike, and Mike pulled a two by four out of his back pocket. When I saw that happen I ran over as fast as I could, and jumped in the middle of it. I knew it was about to get really serious. As I was trying to stop everything before it got really serious, I got hit by the two by four in the process, just so happened to be right in the middle of my forehead.
Carlie looked over at Samantha and saw she was on the phone. She figured it was the police and soon enough we heard sirens from a distance. Carlie screamed, “COPS! Samantha called them. We got to bounce!” That was all that needed to be said, me, Carlie, Nate, Bryce, Derek, and Tara hopped up in Tara’s car and took off.
Samantha must have given a description of what our car looked like to the cops. Everywhere we turned, swear we saw another police car. The boys were mad hot. Finally one got on our tail. He followed us everywhere, so we sped up and he must have figured it was us. The sirens instantly went on and he pulled us over. We broke so many violations when he caught us. The police asked to see Tara’s license, so she handed it to him. “So you are sixteen?” the police officer said. Tara replied, “Yes sir.” “Are you aware it is 1:00 in the morning? And you ran through two stop signs and one red light. Were you trying to get away from me or something?” questioned the cop. “No sir.” Said Tara. “Then what were you trying to pull?” “I don’t even know sir.” “You sound intoxicated. I’m afraid I’m going to need to breathilize you.” “ Okay.” So Tara and the officer walked over to the police car. She signaled us to make a run for it, but we decided we should stay because that would be messed up. Tara blew a 0.1, which wasn’t all that bad but too much to be driving, plus she isn’t 21. Once the cop read her readings on the breathilizer he called two other cars. The officer came over to Tara’s car and took us all out. he made us take the breathilizer too. Bryce blew a 0.19, Nate blew a 0.18, Derek blew a 0.17 , Carlie blew a 0.18 and I blew a 0.2. We were all trashed.
Once the other police cars arrived we were taken to the police station in Rochester. We all had to sit on the “Bad Bench”. They called mine, Nate’s, Tara’s, Carlie’s, Bryce’s, and Derek’s parent or guardian. They went from who blew the highest to lowest on calling the parents. I was first, sadly. After me went Bryce, then Carlie and Nate, then Derek, and last Tara. They questioned us a little bit individually before our parents got there. Questions like: What time did you start drinking? How much alcohol did you consume? What kind were you drinking who bought it? All of our mom’s got to the police station at the same time. The looks on their faces weren’t to pleasant. The police men asked our mom’s to fill out our personal information. After they finished that, the police men took us individually again, with our mom’s this time, and re-asked those questions, plus a few more. Finally after an hour of questioning and telling us what will happen to us, the police officers let us go. As soon as we walked outside, Tara’s mom snapped, “You are sixteen years old and already got a D. U. I. , you are more worse than me. I am 40 years old and have never gotten a D. U. I. in my entire life. What is wrong with you? Drinking at such a young age, did you think of all the dangers that could have happened to you? No one could have saved you either. All your friends were way more drunk than you were, so they definitely would not be able to help you if you were in any type of danger. You need to start thinking about your actions before you do them! If you ever make this mistake like this I’m not bailing you out. Welcome to reality!” Tara had absolutely nothing to say. She was speechless, as tears ran down her face. They got in Tara’s mom’s car and left. My mom told me, Bryce, Carlie, Nate, and Derek, “She did make a good point. You really don’t know the danger’s all of you could have got into. I am so happy all of you are alright, but Melissa, just because I’m not freaking out like Tara’s mom did doesn’t mean you are off the hook. We will talk about your punishment when we get home. Good night everyone. Have a safe trip home.” And my mom and I left, so did everyone else. My mom began in the car, “I hope you learned a very valuable lesson.” “Don’t worry Mom, I definitely did.” I replied.
© Copyright 2010 Jessica (jesslivingston at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1719215-That-Night