*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1721811-Amelia
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by TeeJay
Rated: · Other · Other · #1721811
None at all........................
I woke in my bed that morning. That was nothing different. I put on my glasses and walked downstairs in my Mad Hatter nightgown. I rubbed my eyes and sat at the table in the kitchen. The wooden chair was cold, but I was too lazy to get up or even stand again. My mom was already making eggs and bacon. She hummed as she came to greet me. She ran her fingers through my thick, long and wavy brunette locks still trapped in my favorite ponytail scrunchie. Then, she kissed my forehead. I groaned. "Goos Morning to you too, Amelia!" she said teasingly. Her dyed blond hair hung beautifly loose on her shoulders, she had a full coat of makeup on, and she was already dressed. Pink Floyd t-shirt and paint-splattered grey sweatshorts. It was then I noticed the note on the door. I stood up, curiosity overcoming my morning drowziness. "To: Amelia." was written on it. I opened the door and took the note of its perch. On the other side it read "From: Matthew." I opened the note with a wide grin. "Amelia! I found something. You absolutely have to see it! Your first note is in the treehole. Tell no one. Love, Matthew." Then, the little emoticon =) was written at the bottom, except it was right-side up. I ran back up the stairs and put on my torn kakis and my Owl City shirt on. I fixed my ponytail to keep my hair from looking ratty after running my brush through it a few times. Then, I slipped my black converse on and tied them with yellow laces, to match the yellow on the owl's beak. I ran downstairs, barely remembering to yell a hasty goodbye to mom. I brought the note for unknown reasons, perhaps for proof so if this was a trick that I would be able to prove to Matt that he had left a note. Maybe it was because I loved Matthew and I wanted to be able to prove to myself that he had written "Love, Matthew." on one of his letters to me.
© Copyright 2010 TeeJay (teejay333 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1721811-Amelia