*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1722687-Unkown-Figure
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Other · #1722687
I awoke to find a mysterious figure in the corner of my bedroom...
        It was the Friday after Halloween. I had my friend stay over for the night; he was to sleep on the floor as our usual agreement. He had a few blankets under him, as well as one to cover him. It was finally time to go to bed. Maybe this only happened because we had so much sugar that night, but I don’t think that was the case.
         I was sleeping sound on my bed with the lights out; when I woke up suddenly, I found the door open a bit, with the light from the hall shining in my eyes. Just as I was about to roll over so I could go back to sleep; I noticed a tall dark figure standing in the corner of my room; his arms long enough to reach the floor; the figure was just out of the lights reach. From what I could see, the entire figure was dressed in dark clothing, with what I assume to be an undershirt, because there was a lighter colour in the center of the figure. I don’t know what it was about him, but the site of him made me freeze where I was.
         I lay, terrified of him, staring at where he was until finally my friend opened the door wider and saw me awake. After a tired apology of not meaning to wake me up, he lay back down on the bed. I looked back at where I saw the man standing, and there was nothing there.
I don’t know who or what it was. Perhaps it was my eyes playing tricks on me. But I just thought I would write it down. Just in case.
© Copyright 2010 OptimisticBubble (optimisticme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1722687-Unkown-Figure