*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1723013-My-Country
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Emotional · #1723013
I am a proud Englishman, and this poem highlights some of my concerns for my country.
MY COUNTRY


Anger has over taken happiness.
Violence begets us like some raging plague, ravaging our minds and bodies.
Leaving us vulnerable, to the vampires, that preys upon us.
How can love and respect, ever be regained, when the spores of this plague infect us with its hatred and venomous foul language?
We are fearful not to offend as their wrath shows no bounds.
With weapons concealed about them, they would take your life without remorse.
When did this all start? Will it ever end?
What has happened to my country?

Two world wars to keep us free.
Yet we live like prisoners in our own homes.
Are we as parents or grand parents responsible for the blind hatred and vile?
Conduct of our offspring’s.
Are we responsible for this plague of demons we call the youth of today?
Or are they a product of political correctness.
Where murderers, rapists, paedophiles hide behind the law.
A law designed to protect the innocent.
How do we curtail this ever growing plague that crawls amongst us?
A third world war.
What has happened to my country?

My native English tongue is forever lost to the mindless sub normal
dregs of waste that pound our streets in search of another fix.
How much longer do the good people of this country sit back and say nothing.
While the government panders to the very needs of these creatures of no repent.
Be gone you vile product of the modern society, back to the bowels of the earth, from where you came
You are not the son or daughter of man, but the spawn of Lucifer, the Devil of all Devils
If we can rid our land of this unwanted vice, we can rise and once again.
Become a great nation.
My England
My Country



J.A.K
© Copyright 2010 JAK KELLY (shandy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1723013-My-Country