*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1723067-Going-To-Grandmas-7
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Children's · #1723067
wpc word count
We did not go back to grandma's until Easter, hidden in our sleeping bag was the hurricane emergency kit and snacks---

Jake and I were hoping to explore the cave.

Mom and i went shopping I got a dress to match my dolls dress and Mom got a beautiful flowered dress that look like Spring and a wide brim hat. She said we will be the fairest in the parade. Why of course, but in real our outfits were hid under our winter coats . The Mountains were still cold.

We braved the coldfor sunrise services it was breath taking watching the sun come up. Then we had breakfast at the church and then back to Chruch for morning service and then the Easter egg hunt.

Everyone was friendly handing us songbook already opened to the place We were not that much of a stranger but guess they did not regonize us in our new dresses. Or on this special day remember their Sunday manners.

For awhile i enjoyedthe smell of the wood floorst the frangances of the lilies on the alter.the delight of singing alone with everyone else

If you were off key it was okay and if Mr. Holt bass out sounded the song leader it was okay.

The preacher was young and preached as he had just discovered the story. Shouting the tomb is empty"He is Raised"in a way you looked around expecting to see Him

At the door I tried to tell him how well he did and just ended up saying "I liked your Sermon' AND SHOOK HIS HANDhE INVITED US TO COME BACK. aND PLEASE STAY FOT THE EGG HUNT, WE CAN USE YOUR HELP.

sO I CAUGHT UP WITH kIM DO YOU WANT TO STAY FOR THE HUNT. oKAY LET'S ASK OUR PARENTS, THEY SAID WE COULD AND WOULD PICK US UP AT FOUR.i i KNOW

now why he did asked us to stay some of the Mothers had two kids and could not  be in two places at one time.

Some of the smaller ones would just put them in any basket they seen, which generally let out howls from the parents no the kids., but best you try not to retrieve the egg.The one that won got a big chocolate bunny.

Kim said, "The preacher is looking at you Jamie blushed oh he is to old.Kim said I bet he is nineteen, wellI am fifteen and Mom will not hear about me and boys. She has me so busy dancing, piano, baseball what time we are not on the road. I fell like I have two lives already.

Kim said there is not much to do here I get bored. Mom will not hear that wordeither she plays this silly game like we have no hands, or only one leg or blinfolds and make us eat and dress like that all day.

Then she will ask us are you bored. Naturally we say no , I feel like running away, it is if she can read my mind. I get first go-- running away and just so you will know how much I will be missed  you can wash the dishes and do your own wash the next three days.

Kim say I am sorry, oh do not be, she lets me help others like today. Whew the preacher really needed help.

When Dad picked us up he announced we were going to Kentucky to see my other Grandparents, first thing in the morning.

Kim whispered there goes our exploring the cave> Jamie whispered can we leave our sleeping bags you it has all our equipment in them..

Gosh we may not get back  until Memorial day.

Do not go by yourself, i would leave it at Grandma's but they may disappear like the cards. She may tell Mom Kim i do not think so. well jake is trying to figure a way to get her gun to take with us, Kim well I will not keep that, no we will do it later.

What if she needed it before then?

the Indians live over the mountains and their spirits know what bad boys and girls do, yea maybe we better just get sticks. What if there is gold in the cave?

well it will have to wait until May.
© Copyright 2010 delight (dot1067 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1723067-Going-To-Grandmas-7