*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1722905-Going-to-Grandmas-Christmas-6
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Children's · #1722905
for wpc word count
The car is loaded with gifts and goodies , fruit and nuts. Pete  is taking care of Sparky, the cat and Bird while we are away. Sparky stays outside with a heated dog house  and the cat has an in and out door to the enclosed back porch . We got another bird to keep the one we had company. they will be sleeping over at Pete's.

We went by James river bridge it is only five miles long.on to the interstate and because of the holiday alot of traffic.

Kim had gone away for the holidays to visit her other grandparents.

There were people in and out eating and shopping, going to parades and our tradition was to always see the Christmas play. Jake and I were never in one as we travel.

Some times everyone took off and left Grandma alone on Christmas  so i was always glad we were there, she had as much fun as we did . Finding a doll in her stocking and lots of presents, most packed away after Christmas. The old sheets mended and new ones in case she fell on hard times.The old toaster still worked . The new dresses she like and aporns.

Relatives were in and out, the caroling we sometimes joined,

Pete's wife had a neighbor hood tree everyone brought an ornament to hang on it and on caroling night they come in to veiw and get hot chocolate. She treasured the oranments and the stories that went with them. Mom gave her a hersheys money bag . It was shiny and looked like real money. They love to go to  garage sales and naturally you needed money.

There was coke bottles, real money, candy , coupons , tickets for the show.

Home made things from the kids.

Mom's favorite tree is not the red ,blue,or store bought ones but a real one with no other color than artifical snow and clear icicles, clear balls that pick up the reflection of the tree and room . In other words it looks just like the one in front of the house in the snow.

and morning dew with two white doves one for Jake and one for me and a red bird for dad and a Blue one for Mom. The colorful presents reflecting just the right amount of sparkle.

I like a personal tree some have photos, cards, only wooden oranments. and old fashion ones .

To see the statue of Joseph and Mary and Baby Jesus ,the love in yout heart would nearly bust . Never forgetting it is His birthday and glad you are invited.

The North star still shines the brightest on Christmas night.

Kim come back the day we were leaving we exchange gifts but was on the way home when I open her gift it was a doll outfit but not the crochet wedding dress. Jamie smiles she had gotten her the same but not the crocheted wedding dress. she does not even know about it.

© Copyright 2010 delight (dot1067 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1722905-Going-to-Grandmas-Christmas-6