*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1725900-What-he-left-behind-Chapter-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by eliz02
Rated: 13+ · Novella · Romance/Love · #1725900
Chapter 1 of what he left behind.Present time.
CHAPTER 1


I shook my head to erase the memories that, once again, invaded my mind as I stir the chocolate in the pan - I was planning to make some chocolates to my daughters.

Yes, I have daughters. They're not humans but not vampires, either. They're half of both - a result of his and my once upon a time love. I sighed again as I stop stirring and put the chocolate mixture to the baking pans or whatever you call them. Then I heard Jane came.

"Hmm..smells good, Bella." Jane said sarcastically.

"Glad you think so."

"Wonder why Nessie and Carlie love those stuffs. It smells - and taste - really bad." she stated then shook her head and scrunched her cute nose.

"Yeah, same here. Atleast they still eat some human food." My twins prefer blood - human blood to my distaste - but they can still eat human food especially if it's chocolate.

"And I also wonder why you're so against to human blood. Isn't it appetizing?" she's now mocking me. Huh.

"No and Never. I'm finishing up here. Why are you here, by the way?"

"Oh, that. I just heard Aro is going to have a guest later on so I came by to tell you. But I got distracted with the... reeking smell."

"They don't reek, Jane. They just smell bad to us."

"Bad? They smell horrible! I'm never gonna eat human food."

"We'll see about that." I smirked at her. She rolled her bloody eyes in return.

I love Jane. She's like a younger sister to me. When I was conceiving the twins, I went to Volterra and then I was faced to the Volturi. I thought they were going to kill me and my babies but then Aro changed his mind and wondered what my babies are going to be. So they took me in and helped me with the birth.

Surprisingly, Jane and Heidi grew fond of me. Jane was the one who turned me to a vampire when the twins were born to save me. Aro was like a grandfather to Nessie and Carlie - even Caius, who at first wanted to kill me, and Marcus, who on the other hand thought nothing of me at first.

"Do you know where's Nessie and Carlie, Jane?"

"With the masters."

"Alright. And when is this guest you mentioned earlier coming?"

"In about an hour. Heidi's coming back in 5 minutes. Wanna come? I know you want to."

"Nope. Not a chance. I'll hunt later before this...guest arrive." I was mystified. Sure Aro had visitors in the past year but I have this strange feeling this visitor is going to be a surprise.

"Okay. But I gotta warn you: someday, you'll give up on the crave." she said then winked at me.

"Har, har." I sighed. "I'll look for my girls now, wanna come with?"

"Sure. Hey, maybe we could play 'treasure hunt' with the girls and the chocolates."

"Hmm..not bad." she glared at me.

"Are you saying my games are boring and bad?"

"Depends." I laughed.

"Hmpt. Just finish that already so we could plan the places to hide the 'clues'!" Jane is such a kid-at-heart if you look pass her sulky image and you got to know her in time.

"They're done." I said as I fish out the baking pan. They're so gonna love them.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Hurry up now. Heidi will be here any second. We can play the game afterward."

"Sure." I said. We walked out of the 'kitchen' and into the throne room. I found the girls playing with their dolls - a gift from one of the mysterious wives.

"Nessie.Carlie.: I said in an average tone but they heard me. They looked up at me and smiled as I move towards where they were sitting near the 'masters' chairs huddled up together. They look so much like their fa-

I stopped myself short and shook my head. They noticed.

"Momma's remembering again." Carlie whispered to her sister Renesmee, her short bronze curly hair clipped at the sides. Nessie frowned at me.

"Momma, don't worry about it. Me and Carlie won't leave you. Even Aro and Auntie Jane and Auntie Heidi and the rest of the Volturi." Nessie said as she dropped her doll and moved to me, hugging my leg. I picked her up.

"Yes, Momma. We're always here and we love you." Carlie did the same so I picked her up,too. I looked at the both of them in awe - they look so much alike with the same clip as same clothes - only their clothes differ in color. Nessie's bronze curly hair is longer than Carlie.

"I love both of you, too." I said and kissed both of them on their red cheeks. They smell heavenly.

Nessie held Carlie's hand and Carlie nodded. Then both of them touched my cheeks.

I sighed. They both have the same gift - much to Aro's surprise when they were born - but won't work unless they're together. They can show people what they're thinking and they can read each others minds, too. Now, they are telling me they are hungry.

"Aunt Heidi will be here. I can hear her already." I put both of them down then turned to Jane.

"Jane, mind if you look after them for now? I'm going to hunt. Heidi's near."

She chuckled. "Can't resist, eh, Bella?" I rolled my eyes, kissed my girls again, then run to the door. I heard Jane ordering the twins to go to their places - we never (because of me) let them near the killings. As much as possible, Jane or any of the Volturi members/guards get them what they needed and give it to them in their rooms.

I am never going to drink a human blood. Ever. I let my daughters for now but sometime this year, they're gonna learn how to hunt animals. I remember one time I was really thirsty that I forgot to remind my girls not to 'eat' with the others. Because of that..let's just say that things weren't good after they ate. I was furious of course, but I mostly blame myself for hunting late that I didn't remind them. Jane took most of my fury but both of us were glad she didn't turn into pieces.

Right now, I'm just a little bit thirsty but I don't want to take chances. In just a few minutes, I will get to meet another vampire. The visitor.
© Copyright 2010 eliz02 (eliz02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1725900-What-he-left-behind-Chapter-1