*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1726170-If-you-leave
Rated: E · Short Story · Death · #1726170
An event makes a precious relationship between two individuals fall apart.
Robin was sitting, motionless; she couldn’t breathe. Her entire world was falling piece by piece when she heard the shocking news. Her memories, ached her brain, she remembered what happened yesterday…. “So, you’re leaving?” Robin told Jamie her boyfriend for four years. Both of them were sitting against their favorite tree called Rusty after a pleasurable picnic. Jamie and Robin met at the seventh grade. Jamie was the hottie that every girl adored, they would literally faint at the sight of him and Robin was the introvert girl that mutilated herself spontaneously.

The first time they glanced at each other they felt a profound connection. The day came, when they accidentally bumped into each other, when Jamie asked Robin out. Since that day, they were infatuated and supportive for each other. Jamie would always bring Robin to popular parties even though she wasn't invited. In other words Jamie always knew how to make Robin special even when she hated herself. Robin still with out words pushed her back further into Rusty and looked at Jamie’s beautiful face. He had broad shoulders with sea blue eyes and sand blonde hair. He was wearing his football jacket that said "Wilford Tigers" with a plain white t-shirt inside showing his abs. He wore blue jeans with a necklace that had their initials engraved. Jamie predetermined his position towards Robin and smiled wry towards Robin. “My dad got a new job at a place in California.” Jamie stated feeling queasy and admired Robin’s beauty.

She had long dark hair that had purple streaks on it. Her midnight blue eyes always made Jamie’s heart race. She was wearing a black Marylin Mason t-shirt of him rocking the guitar and torn boot cut jeans with black converse shoes which Jamie wrote "I'm always thinking about you" on the tip of her shoe. Jamie was perplexed on how a remarkable girl like her would mutilate herself; Jamie has tried for the last four years to help her with her predicament. Weather it was going to a Psychologist with her or going to depressing rehab sessions. When ever Robin was overwhelmed he would always whisper in her ear and tell her how much he loved her.

However, Robin was linguistically gifted; she always excelled in Literature and usually in the Sciences. When she won awards Jamie was always there to give her a gargantuan set of flowers. The thought of these memories made his stomach a little better until Robin got up stormed away in frustration. Jamie got up and ran after her. “Wait!” he said while grabbing her arm. “Robin, don’t do this I care about you, I love so much I’ll give up anything for you!! But, I have no choice!” Robin yanked her arm and Robin flayed her arms in abhorrence “You should have told me!!! Now you decide to. I spent four years with you!!! Now, you’re abandoning me!!! I don’t care if you love me, I hate you and I never want to see you again!!!!” Jamie froze, his heart torn to pieces. He tried to calm Robin down but she pushed him so hard he fell faster then an exploding bomb. Robin glared at Jamie then left him with tears trickling down his face.

That afternoon, Robin went into her home and rushed into her room, glad that her parents weren’t there. She jumped into her bed and let out an agonizing cry. She felt the warmth of her mascara running down her face. She couldn’t believe it, Jamie the boy she loved was leaving her. Robin claimed her life was heartrending but with Jamie there, he made her so high, since he’s leaving her, life will be laborious. The next morning the phone in her room rang; Robin woke up from her desperate cries and groaned at the bothersome sound the phone made. "It better not be Jamie" Robin thought. When she picked up the phone, her heart jumped in joy. It was Steven, one of Jamie’s friends; he was an okay guy but was perverted. He would always talk about women, like he could ever get one. “Hey Steven, what is it?” Robin asked while playing with the phone cord, until she heard Steven sob on the phone. As Steven spoke, Robin’s heart was filled with ebony, she found out that Jamie died in a fatal car accident while trying drive to her house.

Without saying bye to Steven, Robin hung up the phone. Everything in the room went morbid and dark. She remembered what she did to Jamie, she only heard the sound of her screaming, Robin was trying to look for a place of refuge but instead she took her Emily the Strange bag under her bed and unzipped it. She took out pain killers and made them rain on her palm, she swallowed its deadliness. Her body let out an immense amount of pain; it looked like she was going to explode like a Supernova and her body began to shake. She fell flat on the floor; her body went still as her dark tears trickled down her face.
© Copyright 2010 GeekyGrace (bookgeek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1726170-If-you-leave