*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1727365-Broken-Tears-12
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Entertainment · #1727365
Amanda hooks someone into doing a favor.
Broken Tears 12

Amanda never liked to call her step mother, “mother“. She could not imagine one thing that should have attracted her father to the lady from “hell.”

Amanda walked into a attractive bedroom. It had a matching twin-sized bed, dresser, night table and desk. The windows were decorated with colors that matched the lovely bed spread. “Pick up your clothes.” She wrinkled her face. “ Make your bed.” She stuck out her tongue. “Keep your room straight.” She threw Kleenex box across the room. “Do your homework now and no calls after 9:00 PM.” she ranted as she threw her books on her pretty flower design bed spread of her bed. “Who does she really think she is? I never asked for her to marry my father.” She went to her desk and turned on her computer to see what Facebook had in store for her.

The sound of music came from her purse that could only mean that she had a phone call from her cell phone. Amanda tried to ignore it but remembered that she might hear from that boy she met in the mall. She was in the mood to play with someone and a boy might just satisfy her appetite for fun. She reached into her purse and saw the phone number.

“Hey, girl. Is this Amanda?” came a strong male voice.

“I guess so. Who wants to know?” replied Amanda in her smoothest voice.

“This is the one and only ‘DD’ which stands for ‘Danny Destructo”, the hunk that she met in the mall.”

“I meet lots of guys in the mall. What makes you think that I’d remember you?” she responded as she chuckled to herself She sat on her bed and kicked off her shoes.

There was a muffled sound and the voice on the other end continued. “Girl. You’d better remember me because I am the only one who can turn on the heat and make… you…sweat even in winter.”

“Ha. Ha. I have a nice blanket on my bed that can do that.” She pushed her books off of her bed.

“I guess I might have the wrong girl.” Amanda heard what sounded like “Order number 32 pick up.”

The male voice continued “This girl was cool looking with a hot bod, but .”

“Giving up already? The stud I remembered with the earrings and (pause) so-so tattoo was okay to talk to.” Amanda causally laid down on her bed.

“Yea, I guess I do have the wrong girl. Look Miss, whatever your name is I’ll,” he started.

“It’s Amanda and you better not forget it because if you ever want to talk to me you owe me a favor.” Amanda’s eyes started to sparkle as her creative juices began moving.

“I owe NO ONE any favors. I’m going to the mall and thought that this, ‘little girl’ might want to have the privilege of walking with me.” there was a slurping sound.

“Oh I’ll be at the mall alright. Just meet me at the security office where I can identify you as the person of interest, (pause) who stole the earrings at that place. Let me see, was it called “Ear-pierce-orium?” she responded as she played with her hair.

“Hm. Don’t know who you are talking about.”

“Well it doesn’t matter. I have your picture on my cell phone with the earrings in your hand and I’m sure there must be a security camera that will place you at the mall.” she grinned as she thought he was squirming.

“No that must have been some other guy.” Again there was a muffled sound. “but if there was a favor, what would it be?”

The biggest smile broke out on Amanda’s face. She put her hand up to her mouth so any sound of delight would not be carried into the phone. She felt an excitement that she had not felt in a long time. “My stupid step-mother is trying to force me to go to the doctor tomorrow. Wouldn’t it be a shame if the car wouldn’t start? That’s worth a loss of memory.”

“Hm. That sounds like you are getting a big favor for a little one.”

“I’ll throw in one of my set of earrings for you to keep just for you to remember me.” she added quickly hoping that she didn’t have to increase the exchange.

“I’ll have to see them first. So are you coming this afternoon?”

“I can’t. My step mother hurt her back and can’t drive now. We have a fast food place at the end of the street. I live in the Queen’s Land subdivision. Do you know where that is?” she asked and held her breath to hear good news. “ I’ll be there at 5:30 and show you the earrings. I give you information at that time. Can you be there?”

“Yea, I live in some apartments next to that place. Don’t be late. I have other things to do.” he clicked off.

“Oh yea. I’ll be there.” she said as she closed the cell phone and put the phone on the night stand. She gave herself a big hug and rolled over on her stomach. She looked at the picture of father and step mother on the wall at the doorway of her room. She made an ugly face at her step mother as she sat up.

“Oh piggy. It’s time for you to see what a real girl can do.” She hopped out of bed and did a victory dance on her rug. She looked in her mirror and blew kisses to herself. “Oh baby what super-cool vixen you are!” She posed facing to the left and then to the right “Oh yes you are!” Then she put on some different pants and shoes to get ready to go out and meet DD at the fast food place. She tiptoed quietly into her stepmother’s room and picked out some nice earrings that she would show to DD. She hoped that he would not accept them but since they were her stepmother’s she felt that there was no big loss.

As she went down the stairs she was humming a popular tune that she heard on the radio that morning. “Just make me mad and see what I can do. I’ll leave you dummy and you’ll become unglued. La-la-la.”
© Copyright 2010 Dorianne (jumacu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1727365-Broken-Tears-12