*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1727994-The-Storm
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Other · Other · #1727994
A continuation of my last story, The tale of the monster called The Storm
The sky was darkening as the gnarled trees looked down upon the crumpled bleeding body of a young man,the body had gone rigid and was already beginning to become cold.
"Such a pity," came the deep voice of Lord Sycamore.
"Yes, really a great sadness," agreed the moaning voice of Widow Willow.
"He was a fine hunter, i would have been proud to have been felled by his axe. Keeping his home warm would truly be an honor," came the unwavering voice of Great Oak.
Slowly emerging upon the field was a beast, it's head was roughly wolf-like,it's eyes were yellow and it's teeth were like the teeth of a fine serrated saw. It's body was spotted, not unlike a leopard, but still had the rugged texture of wolf hair. The beast had a large gash running from the bottom of it's right cheek to the upper left portion of it's forehead.
The wolf creature came upon the youth as if it had been acquainted with the young hunter.
"Well look there oak; it is the boy's antagonist, Krylus, who has come to take away his kill." observed Sycamore
"I know what is happening Sycamore,you need not tell the story again. I may be old, but i still know what happens upon this great emerald clearing," Oak rebuked.
"Do you know of the story of The Sundering?" Sycamore asked
"Don't be so foolish friend, no one but Krylus and Ithendis know of that story."
"But it is not so dear Oak, for i hear whisper in the winds, falling leaves and traveling minstrel sing of what they have seen. I know The Birth,The Fall, The Sundering, And now I know the death." came the reply of Sycamore.
"Do tell us the story!" pitched the shrill voice of Young Sapling.
"Yes! Tell us of this Sundering of which you claim to know!" agreed Great Oak
"Well my dear friends,as most of you know, the story of Young Ithendis began in this very field not even a decade ago."

- Start back here-
© Copyright 2010 Coreandur Ryecroft (coreandur at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1727994-The-Storm