*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1730044-Enna-Before
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Death · #1730044
Enna's beginning...A five year old girl who witnesses her home's destruction
A little girl walked among the ruins of her home city. The tall buildings once great were rubble and mountains of debri. Bodies of the dead were everywhere, so were their limbs. Stumblings across a street, her long, dark brown hair touched her waist in a tangled mess. The left side of her face was injured beyond recognition. Glass that punctured flesh, burns that spotted her skin. Her left eye was clawed blind by a stray dog that had attacked her.

"Mommy!"

She looked up at the wall of a church. Her vision blurred, her head throbbing. With each heartbeat she relived the city's fall.

"Mommy! Wake up! Pleeease..." Tears fell, hitting the cracked floor. Her flower patterned, white dress was dyed crimson with bloody patches. Her mother was sprawled on the floor, impaled with a sharp ended rafter that had split and fallen. She had been protecting her daughter, holding her close. The little girl held fistfuls of her mother's dress. "Wake up, mommy...You n-need to get up n-now..." At only five years old she had never seen death, never understood it...until now...

The girl feel to her knees, unfeeling of the glass that stabbed her palms and legs. "Mommy..." She whispered, before letting herself go.


"She's breathing!" "Get a medic!" Sirens sounded. It was dark... "She'll live. We need to get these wounds treated ASAP." Doors closed... "Uuuungh.." "She's awake!" Opened eyes, bright light. "Hello sweetie, how are you feeling?" The little girl looked up at the nurse, an old blonde woman with a white coat. "I-I..." She thought about it a moment, then it hit her. The fires, dog, the broken windows, the buildings...mommy..."NOOOOOO!!" She screamed, high and shrill. The nurse jumped and grabbed something from behind her, injecting it into her arm. "You'll feel better in a moment..." It was true. The medicine made her feel fuzzy and tired. Looking down at her body through a haze, she noticed the blue gown, slightly bulged over all the bandages. Her face also felt odd. Gently she reached up to touch it with bandage wrapped hands. The nurse smiled sadly. "Poor thing... I'll be back with some food."

After a few minutes she came back with a tray loaded with food. "I didn't know what you liked...So I brought variety. Eat whatever you want." The girl didn't realize just how hungry she was till then.
In the middle of her meal a woman came in with sunglasses on her head and a long black coat. "I've come to take her with me." The old nurse stodd. "I'm afraid that-" "I have the paperwork. We also have a hospital near us. She'll be fine." The woman turned to the girl. "What's your name?" The girl swallowed a mouthful of food before answering. "Enna."
© Copyright 2010 Sweet Bloody Nothing (bloodynothing at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1730044-Enna-Before