*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1731891-The-Hunt
Rated: 18+ · Other · Horror/Scary · #1731891
David is about to get his revenge. But is revenge all it's cooked up to be?
David smirked. It had been a long time, but he had finally found them. They were just standing, talking in some alley. If he didn’t know better, he would have said they were just some average wannabe gangsters. David walked up to them. One looked up, irritated.

“What the fuck do you want?” He snapped. David said nothing. Instead he punched right through his chest. The others looked in horror. David took his hand out along with the thug’s still beating heart. He held it before his victim’s eyes. The thug gaped like a fish for a moment, then fell face forwards in a pool of his own blood. David looked at the other two and squeezed the heart with his fingers. The blood squirted everywhere, but he didn’t stop. Grinning, he squeezed it until it burst. Of the two, the larger reacted first.

“You son of a bitch!” He yelled, taking out a gun. He shot David in the chest. David just stood there, unaffected. He wanted to laugh. David walked closer and grabbed the larger man by the head. In one swift twist, he ripped it off, spinal column and all. The headless, literally spineless corpse collapsed, blood squirting out of it irregularly. He stared into the thug’s disbelieving eyes as life flickered out of them. Dropping the head, David advanced on the final man. The thug only stared in fear. He tried to run, but David grabbed his arm, holding it in a vice like grip. The thug screamed pathetically, trying to get loose.

“What do you want?” He begged. “I’ll do anything! Just please, please don’t hurt me!” David just smirked.

“Too late. This is for Sarah, you fucking monster.” David saw a glimmer of recognition in the thug’s eyes, as he clasped one hand on his head. David squeezed it like he did with the heart. A moment later, it caved in. Brains, fragments of skull and blood went everywhere, covering David’s hand and arm. David released him. He looked down at the slain bodies and laughed triumphantly. He sank to his knees.

He remembered how distraught he was when he heard about his wife’s rape and murder. How the police didn’t have a clue about what had happened. He hadn’t expected the summoning to work really; he was just driven by thoughts of Sarah, and how much he wanted to see her again. Therefore, he was amazed when, in a ball of flames, a demonic creature had appeared before him.

“What do you want?” The creature had boomed, sounded bored.

“I – I want my wife back.” David had stammered, in awe of what was before him.

“Sorry, kid. I have no control over that. She was lucky – she went to Heaven.”

“Then I want the next best thing. I want revenge.” David had said, determined. The creature grinned malevolently.

“That, my friend, I can provide. For a price, of course.”

“My soul?”

“You got it.” David had considered, but in retrospect, not nearly as much as he should have.

“Agreed.”

With that, he got the identities of those responsible and God-like strength to extract revenge. David wondered if it was worth it. He wasn’t the first to lose a loved one and he won’t be the last. With time, many people manage to move on. Maybe he should have tried harder. But it was too late for that. Hearing footsteps, David turned around, already guessing who it was. A man wearing a green trench coat stood before him. He was as ordinary and plain as they come. He could blend in almost anywhere – which was the idea.

“I know how you feel. There is no feeling quite like revenge.” The man remarked. He walked over to David and placed his hand onto his forehead.

“Come with me, my son. Your soul is mine now.”

David nodded. He knew there was no way out of this.

The last thing David saw in this world was the man’s unremarkable eyes turn red.



Word Count: 666
© Copyright 2010 Roxanne (roxanne246 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1731891-The-Hunt