*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1732025-B281dziemy-zmartwychwstanie
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1732025
My speech on the Polish/Forgotten Holocaust.
The best-kept secret in America about the Holocaust is that six million Poles were killed. Poland lost one fifth of it's population, and half of those who died weren't Jewish. The second best-kept secret is that most of the Gentile rescuers of the Jews were in fact Polish people. As Micheal Madejski said: "Nowhere else is Holocaust history as distorted and misrepresented as about Poland."
There are over five thousand books published on the Holocaust, and only a few of them even mention Polish people. Not even the major Holocaust organization in America, the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum, recognizes the Polish side in all of this! "Hath not the Poles eyes? Hath not the Poles hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions? If the Poles are poisoned, do they not die?"
Speaking of not having organs and poisoning, did you know that the Polish were victims of human experimentation? Many orphaned children had their brains cut out, for the Nazis were trying to create immortality. Twins were also fine subjects for the sick experimenting.
Hitler's main focus was exterminating the Polish in the beginning. Out of the first 611 people to die in Aushwitz, 591 were Polish.
The Polish killing had caught the attention of famous people. Prime ministers of Poland and their families were killed, and a movie director's Polish mother died in a gas chamber, while his Jewish father survived Mauthasen. Most of the people who died, though, were ordinary Polish citizens.
Poland had the highest ammount of citizens dead of all European countries. The country itself was almost destroyed and became a skeleton country, only to be further ravaged by communists. Why were the lives of millions of Poles overlooked? One thing I want to make sure of, though, is that they are not overlooked again. "Będziemy zmartwychwstanie." "We will rise again."
© Copyright 2010 Petite Soeur - Imouto (evalovesyouu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1732025-B281dziemy-zmartwychwstanie