*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1732668-Gods-Ponderings-1st-Place
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Comedy · #1732668
God pondered how humans could possibly choose the leaders they do...
“My Lord, what are you looking at?” Gabriel inquired.

“Watching the humans again. They are quite entertaining. Ever since I gave them free will in the garden, I still have yet to understand why they pick the leaders that they do.”

“Surely Lord, you understand.”

“Afraid not. While I can look ahead, that does not automatically give me understanding. I could read their thoughts, but honestly their primitive thought patterns,” God placed the back of his hand to his mouth and whispered, “especially the males…”

Gabriel nodded.

“… just do not lend to understanding motivation in politics.”

“Have you considered watching…. Oh… what do they call it? Oh, yes. TV.”

“They do stare at it for hours, and during their election periods they analyze every detail, yet those programs seem to garner little attention. Rather they seem to be more interested in dancing and voting tribal members off an island.”

“But surely Lord you have seen this kind of behavior from the Pharisees, Saducees, and the Sanhedrin.”

“Do not insult me, Gabriel. Remember to whom you speak.”

“Beg your pardon, my Lord.”

“Still you raise a valid point.”

The red phone rang beside the throne. God picked it up. “Yes Devil. No I will not take them, they are down there for a reason. I cast them into the Lake of Fire and that’s where they’ll stay. Oh? Yes… I understand. <click>”

God’s brow furrowed. “I believe I understand now.”

“What is it?”

“The politicians in Hell have taken over. They’ve promised the demons monthly trips into heaven, water for all, and burn care.”

“But that’s impossible. They can’t follow through with those promises. Why that’s ridiculous, My Lord.”

“We both know that, but according to the demon’s phone records, they voted Bristol Palin into the finals!”

298 Words
Flash Fiction: Must contain the line "what are you looking at"
© Copyright 2010 BScholl (the0hawk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1732668-Gods-Ponderings-1st-Place