*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1733919-Mexican-spyoff
by Marcus
Rated: E · Other · Psychology · #1733919
A tale of danger, suspense and twists... Is not what this is.
         The story of my life is one of danger and suspense. Quick wits and a sharp mind ensure my daily survival. You see, I'm a--.

          That man standing behind me is acting strangely. Having moved a couple of steps to the left I took a swift glance at him. He resembled a textbook thug, he was short, buzzed and tough. Must be a forward scout, trained to fit into the crowd. I was standing at a tram station, waiting for my number. The trams in my town have two vagons if they are an older model. One flexible wagon if they are new. I prayed for the first one because I had a plan. I looked at the schedule and saw that the next tram would arrive in exactly four minutes. I took out my cellphone and started pretending I was typing an SMS message. My fingers were freazing - it was a cold, snowy night and I had no gloves. While looking down at the cellphone I also looked at the floor so I could calculate where would the middle of the two carriages stop. I stepped on that very point and kept typing random number. After a few inexplicably long minutes the tram finally arrived, exactly where I wanted it to. It took all my strength to restrain myself from bursting into proud laughter. The tram arrived and all the doors opened, but I didn't enter. Not yet. I waited until the very next second and then, instead of stepping into the second carriage which was closer, I dashed onto the first one, and the man behind me went into the second one with a confused facial expression. I did it. Now all I had to do was exit two stops earlier, not one because they would expect that, so two. During the 30-minute ride I had enough time to plan several paths back home. When the times was right I leaped off the train. I took the crowded underpass beneath the station and emerged on the other side of the street, right in the middle of a fairly large parking lot. That wasn't good. I proceeded into an urban area: a maze of parks, long buildings and skyscrapers which all looked alike. That was plan C. I deliberately used side paths, so as to look confused. There were more men out there, that's for sure. I guess they wanted to catch me alone and offguard, to obtain information from me, or even worse - to obtain my head. Nevermind, I did well. I soon lost a suspicious looking man and proceeded to enter my neighbourhood. My guard went down but only slightly, this was it, the home run. I arrived at my building and took one last look around, there was noone out there. Good. I closed the door and allowed myself a sigh of relief. Another dangerous night is over. Another victory for the superior man!

         I almost forgot to finish telling you about myself. I'm seventeen and I'm a student. People like to say that I'm paranoid and unstable. But who wouldn't be? There are spies, mercenaries and assasins chasing me for some reason. I have to keep my guard up. 



© Copyright 2010 Marcus (iggy9293 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1733919-Mexican-spyoff