*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1736638-Christmas-Spirit
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1736638
The Christmas Spirit as some people see it.
The Christmas Spirit
What is the Christmas Spirit? Can it be held, given away, borrowed, sold, and rented? Is the Christmas spirit the rum that's consumed, the gifts given, the new items bought, or the smell of new paint still wet on Christmas day? Is it the many foods prepared for family and friends expected to visit?
Or is it the many charitable doings and goodies that is given away on Christmas day?
Why am I asking this question about the christmas spirit? Well I have observed that at Christmas time the rum and drunken stature of man prevail at an aboundance.
A drunk man told me as I wait for a taxi to work, that Christmas should be Christ-mas and not Chris-mas. He said that the shopping and drinking (he's drunk) should not be done to celebrate Christ birthday.
But for me once-upon a time when I could not buy the new items, food, and drinks at Christmas time I'll be depressed. But on gaining in knowledge of Christmas and the history of Christmas I must say christmas for me is family, charitable doings, and children having fun. It's a time to spend time with family both near and far.
The Christmas spirit to me is not tangible to hold it can only be felt, given, and experienced.
For all the alcohol consumed at Christ-mas I wonder if this generation is by chance going back to the days of olden. Christ-mas should be holy, charitable, family oriented, alcohol free.
The Christmas Spirit is that contentment of happiness that makes you smile even with a stranger. 
   
© Copyright 2010 Journal writer (kisssesilike at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1736638-Christmas-Spirit