*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1735151-Lifes-Diary
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Family · #1735151
This is about life, living,doing and experiences.
Mother, I remember you today as I did some reading, yes the reading that I did as a child that kept my school work tops and my vocabulary wide. No not the text book for school reading but the novel that takes me from this world to mine that's in the book I'm reading. Today I visited the library and stocked up on books for the Christmas holiday reading. Not that I'll be bored to miserable boredom. But when school work is on reading for pleasure gets to the shelves and gathers dust. The spiders that like to visit these dusty areas do the reading for me. And for me, I end up paying the library late fees. Yes mother those spiders do read ever so slow. Hmm!
But as you know I'm doing my degree and I have to do MATHEMATICS. That x square plus y. and what is the area of the square that's so much square centimetres long. Well un-knowingly I borrowed one of my favourate novels witches, wizards, and magic. I find living that life beautiful although frightening, specially if you get the witches and wizards vex. The book, this one is about saving the world, well two worlds to be exact, this world we live in and the witches and wizards world. What that have to do with mathematics? The young wizard must learn it; as a matter of fact he must master it to be a wizard.
And he hates it, he finds it boring, and no fun. And here I am thinking that only we the earthly people hate mathematics. Boi was I glad to know that wizards for all their magic must learn the nitty-gritty un-magical mathematics.
But back to the reading I met some very unusual funny words and sayings in a book, here is an example: shet mouth don't ketch fly.(keep your mouth closed so you don't say the wrong thing),noisome, that's Jamaican), and (absotively, posilutely, that's from 'Swell Foop' a novel) The witch in this novel gets her words mixed up. If she was here in Trinidad to speak with us Trinis she surely will not get away with that. Especially if she should me you mother a teacher and Mr. Best at the college.
But this is the end for now I have to get back to the reading so I can tell you what I read the next time we chat. So, mother, thanks for showing me through your action that reading is as good not only for my school work but also for my sense of language and words.
© Copyright 2010 Journal writer (kisssesilike at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1735151-Lifes-Diary