*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1737069-World-War-III-The-End-of-Hope
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1737069
Not a sliver of light shines left in this dark world of our future. The Elites have risen.
Tortured screams of anguish and despair rang in the air as the pitifully weak and starved were killed off, one by one. The deaths weren't the nice ones where you received a quick, painless death. No... the deaths were very slow. The First Stage consisted of starving humans, young and old alike. The age or gender didn't matter to the Elite; all were looked down on with arrogance and disgust. Food was almost impossible to find in these conditions. They continuously grabbed necessities from the humongous population of the destitute. As a matter of fact, everyone was in extreme poverty except the merciless them who were trillionares with evil souls and black hearts. People were so starved that many went to bed hungry each night, their life forces waning with the passing hours. The only possible option besides suffering from starvation was sex for food. Some people were so desperate from hunger... that they horrifyingly resorted to cannibalism in order to survive through their miserable horrors. And of course, there was a Second Stage for whoever survives the mass starvation. Second Stage: captivity and slavery. This stage was so horrible, mere words tore at the mind's losing sanity. In this stage, they gleefully did whatever they wanted with us, ranging from death to shattering our spirits in every imaginable way. And the Third Stage? I don't even want to think about it... The Elite have taken everything from us ever since they had risen to power. Welcome to World War III: Hollocaust II. Back then, Jews were poisoned to death in gas chambers and more. Back then, lampshades were made out of human skin. Hair was made for fabric and pillowstuffings. This time, it's so much worse. This time, Christians were persecuted. Where's that happiness and love when we needed them most? Wiped out of existence. Hope? Gone.

I sat miserably on the floor beside my master and stared lifelessly at the scene in front of me. A man and a woman stood before an executioner with a blood-stained axe, waiting for their fates. Truthfully, I was dimmly feeling a hurricane inside me crying out to God for mercy. For all this to end. I had long forgotten what love was. I was losing the feeling of hope, too. Dear God, please let me hold on to my faith in you and the hope that Jesus will come again, soon. I can't afford for my soul to be fully shattered... Please keep that flame flickering inside my heart. Amen.

To ease the spiritual pain, I sang a song in my head. To ease the spiritual pain...

When the three crosses were rising as phantoms of the setting sun...
The world was born again with a bright new understanding...
As it used to be our imperfection decided our fates...
Until the day arrived when Joy caressed our dark lives...


My name was Destiny, a 14-year-old Christian girl as a slave of one of the Elite. My master absentmindedly caressed my hair as he began to speak to the man and woman chained in front of us. "Causing trouble, aren't you? I'm afraid you forgot the future is set in stone, and nothing can be changed." Master barked a haughty laugh. "How greatly I am amused! Trying to free the captives!" With heads bowed, the man and woman silently waited for the Elite to finish. "Well, although it's a bit of an entertainment to watch your pointless efforts at stopping us, you've met me at a bad time. I'm not too talkative at this time. It's a shame, really, because we've only just introduced ourselves. Not even a five minute conversation!" Master paused a moment with a vicious smirk on his lips. "How pititfil, really... And now it's time to say bye-bye."

A crown of dark-red thorns entangled within his hair...
Enduring unimaginable pain that surely diminished hope...
The orange ball of fire sinking down from the heavens...
He changed the wretched world with overwhelming care...


The executioner took this cue to force the couple onto their knees with the axe at their throats. He bellowed, "Are you Christians or not?"

The depths of evil could not ever rip my soul...
The Messiah protected me with light and purity...
Oh how courageous He has bared all my sins...
The darkness threatening to overshadow me...


The man was the one to answer first. "I am a Christian," he replied boldly. Not a trace of fear was on his face as he held his head high. A warmness flooded into my heart. I was a Christian, too. This guy was going to get a crown in heaven.

The throne awaits Him with awing energy...
When time's destiny has approached the end of the road...
The fire will be burnt out and light will peek through dreams...
The Gates will be opened for all the world to see...


"Die!" The executioner swiped for decapitation, and crimson droplets splattered into my eyes. "And you!" The executioner hissed. "Are you one?"

"No! Not at all!" The woman panicked. The warmness disappeared in me. I was cold and empty once again. How could she? How could she defy
the name of God?

"Liar!" said the man with the axe. He swung his weapon. I wanted this nightmare to end...

As I would like to continue this song...
The story is about to be done...
It's a fairytale that Jesus narrates...
With a happy ending...

© Copyright 2010 DramaticAngel (dramaticangel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1737069-World-War-III-The-End-of-Hope