*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1737211-Random-Road-Trip-Gone-Right
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Novella · Romance/Love · #1737211
A love story
         At certain crossroads, it is accepted that one can flip a coin and the results will be trivial. At times, heads or tails are nearly indistinguishable. Looking back, he can't recall whether it was heads or tails, but he can never forget what happened after having listened to his coin. He posed the question: Should I drive through this little town, or stay at this hotel? The coin told him he should stay and immediately upon seeing the woman at the front desk, he knew the coin had been right. It is one thing to cross paths with an attractive woman. It is infinitely more wonderful to recognize a look. It is such an invigorating intoxicant that is the mutually reaching into another's soul with eyes that demand that yours meet them. The color had seemed so plain without the beautiful sparkle of life that attentively took in his features while he appreciated hers. On the surface, it appears as though he would simply be another passer-by, but then he casually asks her when her shift is over and requests a wake-up call for that exact time.
         He had been on the road alone for quite awhile and was tired, but didn't want to let the longing in her gaze to vanish from him without further inquiry. If he had indeed seen in her eyes what he had thought he had then he could pursue her. If this was not the case, they could both vanish from each others' minds as some random coincidence of timing. He couldn't wait for her call. He was restless and wanted an excuse to see her once more, so changed into his running attire and went to the treadmill where he could catch 'innocent' glances at her flowing black curls and the elegant grace of walk. After about the first mile, his mind began to focus on the task at hand. Almost as though she could sense his thoughts drift from her, she appeared in the doorway and was compelled to open it to make a good humored comment in appreciation of his running. If that wasn't confirmation, then he told himself that he should give up on trying to read people in any and all situations.
         When she called his room, he wasted no time in going to see her at the end of her shift. The hallway passed him like a strong breeze and the elevator tortured him with its patient knowing with each hum and whirl asking whether he truly believed she would be there after passing through the cold metal doors. Fortunately, in spite of the elevator's teasing she had intentionally drug her feet this afternoon and he was able to 'run into' her at the entrance where no one could hear him ask her what there was to do in this small town and after getting suggestions ask her to join him. She gave him her number and told him to call when he got to the movie theater.
© Copyright 2010 Zesales (zesales at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1737211-Random-Road-Trip-Gone-Right