*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1737288-The-Hunt
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Other · #1737288
The description of my vicousness.
A deer. Quick, but healthy and delicous prey. It cannot sense my presence as I get closer, and closer. Soon I stop at a briar bush, hiding in the thorns, whoms sharpness cannot pierce my skin. The deer suddenly looks at me. I held my breath, I couldn't afford to lose this prey. To my relief it looked away and then laid down and started to breathe heavily. I was confused, what was it doing? Then it dawned on me, she was giving birth. This was a perfect time to strike, she was down, couldn't escape, and I was hungry and ready. I crouched down watching her every move, and at the second she shut her eyes to push, I struck. Her eyes were full of fear as I attacked her. I dug my claws into the vital vein that supplies blood to the body. Soon after a while her struggling ceased, but her fawn moved under her cold skin, like an earthquake. So I laided down and then I ripped into the skin releasing the blood drenched fawn. It did not fear me and walked, well sort of walked toward me. It felt strange to me, this creature was coming at me, and not to kill me. I thought I was dreaming, but I wasn't and I felt a deep surge of love and compassion. I can't believe I did what I did, but I had to. I killed the fawn, but I didn't eat her. I ate her mother, but even though I was starving young coyote I just buried her with rocks and I never entered those woods again.
THE END
© Copyright 2011 Calree Hopekins (dragonbeliever at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1737288-The-Hunt