*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1737778-Life-of-Andrew-Waitson
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1737778
My first pen to paper "book" I never finished it.
Prologue


It was May 10th 2000 when it all began. Not like I remember a thing. Back then iy was just my my mom Mary Fox, my dad Matthew Waitson and my siblings. My sister Sydney (3 at the time), and the twins Daniel and William (both a year old). Mom put her foot down with me. Dad had a stable paying job as a City Guard but life was still pretty hard and now she had four mouths to feed not counting her own and Matthew's. But enough about that. I don't remember a thing until I became two. Sydney says that's pretty remarkable (the whole beginning to remember at two not being able to remember anything thing). I remember bouncing on Sydney's lap as she knitted something. The twins were trying to kill each other in our shared room. I know it was pretty normal because Sydney wasn't freaking out. "Woah! Hey guys! Daniel give your sister the bread. I  think she can break ti a little more evenly then you two." I looked up at the tall boy. He had gray hair and the brightest blue I'd ever seen. Not like I'd seen much.
"Mary! They're all here! There's no need to freak out." He called behind him and our mother appeared I smiled and got to my feet "Mommy!" i remember saying. Sydney caught me and pulled me down again. I of course didn't understand. Sydney had been born old. She knew something was very wrong. That and she was five. "No, Sydney, let him come to me." She muttered and Sydney let me up. i knew that tone. I just knew it meant something bad. Mom picked me up and I cuddled into her. Then she turned to face us all. Daniel and William were actually calm and quiet. They also sensed danger. "Caspian ..?" She was nervous about breaking the bad news. Caspian gave her a look and backed out. She took a deep breath and said the words. "Your daddy's gone missing. They say he might not come back," I didn't understand then but the others did. The twins both widened their eyes and just kinda shut down. Sydney began to cry. I sat in Mom's arms just sitting. i didn't understand and never really did.

"I dare you to go in their. One dollar a minute." Daniel whispered as we crouched in a dark alley. I was their protegee and general monkey. They'd taken to stealing as Mom tried to hold down a job. Sydney tried not to notice because we brought in food. I grinned and spat on my hand. If they hesitated a moment I'd so tell Mom their latest no-no. Even as a cute four year old I was evil. Daniel took my hand and shook. "Do your little scream when you get in trouble. I know theirs a patrol around here somewhere." He muttered and they both got to their feet. I nodded and headed across the street to the desolate house. Or so every Shadow Child thought. If my brothers had stuck around to watch me safely inside we'd probably either be dead or working for the Shadow King now. "Come on. It's a perfect day to get some cash. Marge'll watch us if we buy her bread. How much do you have, Will?" Dan said as they walked off. I stepped into a side alley to find the cole shoot and that's when all light disappered.


Tell me what you think.
© Copyright 2011 Abigail Carroll (fanged13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1737778-Life-of-Andrew-Waitson