*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1738022-Torch
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by luwyn
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Contest · #1738022
Sheila was trapped in her little square dark box.
Sheila was trapped in her little square dark box. She never really understood why she came to this awkward place again and again. She had tried medications and meditation. As she almost gave up hope, she got the Brainwave as a gift.

Sheila remembered putting the earphones on. And the Brainwave started to murmur. Its sound made her head painful. It took quite long until she knew that it couldn’t help her reach the deep slumberland. This smelly place had only graves as homes. Sun seemed dead forever. No moonlight, no wolves. Just stocky graves, cold and distracting. She ran everywhere, but she went nowhere. There was no way to escape.

Sheila tried to stay focus. Her brain worked fast and her eyes tried to read the map that hid behind the blinding darkness. She looked around, and began to make steps. “Go forward, Sheila,” she said.

“Never look back?” Suddenly, a low tone voice broke the loneliness. Exactly those were the words she used to say, and she was just about to say it, but someone already did say it for her. She stopped moving. Sheila tried to guess what kind of creature that stole her phrase. And yet make her so fretful. There were two choices now, holding her principle or follow her curiousity. It was not fear but anger that came into her because of this madness that kept her away from having a nice dream. That creature giggled.

She finally turned her back and stared right to the thing attached on a tree. A magical torch. Her eyes keep staring. Then she moved near the tree and touched the torch. Darkness turned into light, huge flashing light. Her head spinning and her hand reach her head to move the earphones. Brainwave was over.

word count: 297
© Copyright 2011 luwyn (luwynaia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1738022-Torch