*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1738333-Wings-2-Fly-Away
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Religious · #1738333
A nerdy girl, meet the prince of the Devil.
                                                                                Chapter 1



         “Whoa!! I’m a college student!!” Sheena said. “From now on! This pig is no longer a pig!” She continued to herself. She spoke so loud that people around her heard it, and they started to giggle and laughed. Sheena didn’t care, so she started to walk proudly away. She was so exciting about going to her first day of college. She got up early in the morning that day and cooked for the orphans and was very looking forward for this day.

         The school was big, and there were many students on the first day of school. Many of them were walking around the street, other were just sitting and read.

         Sheena was a normal freshmen student in college with a smart little brain. She was orphaned since birth and live with the orphan kids in the orphanage. Because of her straight A average during high school, University of Charlotte give her a full scholarship.

         She’s a skinny girl who wore round glasses all the time. Her hair was red and not curly and not straight but long that reached her hip. She would braid her hair every day. She was about 5’3 and weight 89 pound probably. When she smiled, two dimples appeared on her cheeks. She has a few speckles on both of her cheeks. Her blood type is O, and she is majoring in nurse. Her dream was to become a register nurse, and her birthday is October 25.

         Her first class was at 8:30AM which was English 111. She got ten minutes before the class started. She started to run up the stairs and to the third floor, instead of taking the elevator. She stopped when she found a classroom with number 120. She was about to go into the classroom when someone else beside her wanted to go in, too. They both stuck at the door. Sheena looked up and saw a handsome boy with cold eyes looking at her like a devil. His stared made her shivered down her spine.

         He had naturally blonde hair. His hair was short, and he styled it as a spiky in the front like ice pointing the ceiling. He was tall about 6’1 and weight probably 160 lbs. After they both studied each other, she stepped back and let the boy went in first.

         The boy went in and saw his friends. They give each other their special hand shook. Sheena looked at them and turned to look for her seat.

         She wanted to sit in the front so that she could hear the teacher well, but there was none front seat left. She had to go all the way in the back of the classroom and sat down the last chair near to a window.

         Looking right next to her, there was that cold boy again. He looks scary! she thought, and turned her head facing the white board. She just noticed that her teacher haven’t show up yet.

         She looked around the classroom and saw a lot students in different unique. She saw the most beautiful girl was sitting up front to the left side near to the door. She had blonde hair and pale white skin. She was taping her finger on the desk like she was very impatient. Her finger nails were pinks. She was wearing a pink shirt and a blue jean. Some how Sheena really like her look.

         About a few minutes later, Sheena heard footsteps coming toward the class. She couldn’t wait to see her professor. As she waited patiently, another beautiful woman came into the room. She was wearing a rectangular glasses that seem so beautiful. She was wearing a black suit.

         The professor put her bag down on her desk and walked to the white board and wrote down “Anne Jane”.

         “Okay class! My name is Anne Jane, I‘ll be your instructor for this class. You do what I say, I’ll grant you your wish!” She spoke loud enough that the whole class could hear it. Her voice was so strong. She looked like she was really athletic and energetic person. 

         “Okay! Let’s see who’s suppose to be here and not!” she continued and walked to the first desk to the left where the girl with blonde hair was sitting.

         “Tell me your name?” Anne asked.

         “Lauren Smith.” The girl replied. Anne just nodded as if and walked to the next desk.

         “Your name?” She asked.

         “Emily Stuart” the girl answered, and she kept on going taking her the roll. She came to the last two desk and looked at Sheena and the boy.

         “Okay.. What’s your name?” She asked the boy.

         “Derek Tryon.” He answered.

         Derek Tryon was your bad boy in school. He was born from a rich family. His father and another man collaborated and built a female beauty product company 30 years ago. His blood type is B+, and his birthday is May 15th. His father and the other man agreed for him to be the next leader of the company when he finished his college. He is majoring in business.   

         Sheena looked at Derek and turned to the teacher after he told his name.

         “I’m Sheena.” The girl answered without her last name. Anne looked at her for a few minutes waiting for Sheena to give her last name. But it didn’t work.

         “Sheena McColin.” Anne finished after looking at her roll book. Sheena nodded her head after that. It was like she didn’t want anyone to know her name. Derek glanced at her for a second and then looked away.

         Anne walked back to her desk and put her attendance book down. She took out her big book.

         “Okay class, tomorrow, you need this book, if you don’t have one, you can get one in the school book store.” She started. Sheena looked into her book bag and looked at her book. She got her book two weeks before her class started from a financial aid and scholarship.

         “If you don’t have one, look over with your partner.” The teacher continued. She walked to the right first row and said, “This row, your partner is sitting next to you from your left.” Sheena looked over to her left and saw Derek eyes like fire looking at her. Derek suddenly got up.

         “What are you doing?” The teacher asked.

         “I want to change my seat.” the boy replied.

         “No, sir. You cannot change seat.”

         Lauren looked at Derek and licked her bottom lip and looked at Sheena while flashing her evil grin. Wow! A pretty person with mean eyes! Sheena thought. She turned to look at Derek who put his head down on his desk and rested.

         Anne took her bag and said, “For your work today, I want you to write me a free verse essay about yourself for one page. Until then, I’ll see you tomorrow! Don’t turn in late! I won’t except it!” After that, she walked out of the class.

         Sheena quickly took her book bag and ran out the class chasing her professor. Rushing through toward the door.

         “Professor Jane?” She called her. Anne stop and turned around.

         “Oh! Is there anything you need?” Anne asked.

         “Uhm… about the partner thingy. Is it okay if I work alone?”

         “Awe…? Are you shy to work with a cute boy in class?”

         “No… I mean. It just that I am not use to do work with partner.”

         “If you don’t use to, then I’ll make you use to.”

         “But..”

         “Their is no but. If you do what I ask, then I’ll grant you your wish!” with that, Anne Jane, kept on walking. Sheena sighed heavily and turned around slowly. She walked out of the building and found herself was at the steps.

         She looked up into the deep blue sky and stared up the sky for a long time. Everyone who passed by her didn’t know what she was looking at. They thought that she was weird.

         She was finally noticed that she was standing there for almost ten minutes. She clapped her two hands in front of her and prayed.

         “Wow! Thank you God for these 18 years you are with me the whole time! Now I am finally a college student!” She raised her hands up in the air pretending to hug the sky and hit someone. 

         She turned around and found Derek was growling at her. He grabbed her hand and wanted to squish it hard, but he couldn’t do it because her hand was soft like a baby hand.

         “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it. I’ m sorry!” Sheena apologized. Derek let go of her hand and spoke.

         “What’s with you? Standing here for almost an hour and talking to yourself?”

         “I did not talk to myself! I talked to God!” Sheena argued.

         “God? Pfff… There is no such thing as God exist in this world!” Derek started to laugh.

         “That’s because you don’t believe in God. I do, and He does exist!” She hissed. She just looked at him quietly studying his face. She knew it right from the start that he is not a man of God.

         “Awe? Are you going to cry because I don’t believe in God?!” Derek asked and started to laugh walking away. Sheena got mad and ran after him. She stopped him and turned him to her.

         “Hey!” She hissed, “I’m not a baby!” and stump her foot on the ground. At least she thought it was on the ground, but it was his foot. Before Derek could scream ‘ouch!’, Sheena looked down and said, “Opps!” and dashed away real fast.

© Copyright 2011 Seian Wildcat (wings2flyaway at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1738333-Wings-2-Fly-Away