*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1738467-The-night-of-Hope
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #1738467
Friends loyal and crazy just the same.
Chapter One

         “I have an idea.” Daniel said suddenly as we all sat on my bed eating. “What’s it this time, Dan?” Sydney asked exchanging an exasperated look with me. I kept my face blank and turned my head to him. I heard her sigh as she realized something had changed in me. “We escape. I’m tired of all this crap. You’re innocent Andrew! Anyone not breathing when Ben tells them to knows it!” He gave us a grin. “And that totals maybe 10 against ... too many.” Sydney said and sighed again. “That’s the part I mean. Andrew, face it, you’ve got a future at the noose.” Daniel was nothing if not blunt. “Why us though, Dan? Austin’s still a little kid! Plus ...” Sydney was flustered that I wasn’t saying something. “And where were we all when we were five? You had to keep Mom together when you were five! Will and I were already building our gang but the time we were five and Andrew you saw Jason die and didn’t lose your mind.” Dan was really Mr. chatty tonight.
         “I was five I didn’t understand what happened. It’s a wonderful idea but A) I’m wounded, B) Syd’s right. Austin’s too young. C) You’ll be hunted down like me and once Ben gets word of this to Carolina or Bear City ... look it’s not worth it is what I’m saying.” I spoke up leaning back on my pillows and cautiously stretching my legs out. “I agree!” We all looked up startled as Ben strode in followed by his new best bud Jacob Holly, my former friend and mentor. Both of them had their knives drawn. I wondered which one had stabbed me the other day. My brothers jumped up and drew their own. Sydney grabbed up an herb cutting knife and I felt worried. I sat up to get a better view.
         My family could take care of themselves but Sydney looked so small. Jacob and the twins were no midgets and Ben was pretty tall for his age. Sydney had always been the short one due to her being born early I guess but even with that she was tough. I wanted to hop up and help but I had a few cracked ribs and my knife wound wasn’t 100% healed yet. The other bruises I could deal with. “You know planning against someone like me is treason as well?” He asked the threesome as they stood side by side. “We don’t care.” William snarled “Yeah.” Daniel said grinning. “We quit.’ Sydney snarled her fury in her voice. The two looked startled for a second then grinned. “You two I can do without but Sydney ... I don’t accept your resignation.” She gave him a wide eyed look I’d seen some of the street girls give when a guy refused to pay or suggested something they could do in bed. She leaned back on her back leg and said in a tone I’d expect to come from any other teen aged girl other than my sister.
         “I don’t think so.” It received stares and I had an almost overwhelming need to clap like an overexcited toddler. “We’re done here. Arrest them!” Ben ordered and the door opened. I almost laughed (what the hell was wrong with me?) when I saw who it was. “Did anyone here order a pie packed with disbelief?” Sierra asked giving her EX a dark look. She and Jacob had been together for ever and severed over my arrest.”Um ... I think we did.” William said and suddenly kicked out. Jacob was as surprised as we all were. He crumpled and I almost fell out of bed laughing mutely.
         Ben suddenly counted heads. I saw his face drain. Where oh where was his arresting patrol, I wonder? “Jake? Come on, man. You’ve taken worse. Come on, get up.” He said quietly. Jacob threw up and I gave my brother a thumbs up. Then Caspian came over and grabbed Ben by his arms, pinning them. “Daniel ... I think we need to ...” He began as Ben began to struggle. Daniel ducked down and grabbed Ben’s feet as he stood up. “Yeah, I think we do.” He said and they both walked to the open windows as Ben began to yell. “ ... take out the trash!” Caspian finished and they dumped Ben out the window. He didn’t have far to fall into the lake. We heard the splash.
         “What the  hell ...” Jacob began  to ask he got to his feet at last. Sierra suddenly jumped him. “I miss you.” She moaned and is eyes shot open. Then she gave James and William a look and they both nodded. “What ...” Jacob began again “Coming in fast.” James warned and she let go as the two grabbed him up. “Hey! No! Let me ...” He joined his friend out the window. “I think we need to move. They’ll be heading to shore ASAP and Ben won’t wait ...” Sierra said getting up  “Guys I have to say something ....” Eric began and  we looked over.
© Copyright 2011 Abigail Carroll (fanged13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1738467-The-night-of-Hope