*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1738617-To-see-the-ocean
by sinead
Rated: E · Poetry · Emotional · #1738617
I love the idea of thinking while staring into the sea. Criticism appreciated!
I want to hear the ocean and look at it through your eyes
To forget all of the worries, to forget all of the lies.
To feel the wind against my face and the crashing of the waves,
To sit and stare for hours and take up the time within my days.
I need the sand beneath my feet to know that I am real, to touch the ocean seabed, to love and breath and feel.
So let me see the ocean, let me look at it through your eyes
Let me watch the water move and let me wonder why,
Why on earth I watch it, why I can not look away.
For I know the waves can speak much more then I can ever say.
The moon can glisten longer, then a twinkle in my eye, the murky depths can stun me more then a star within the sky.
The void within the ocean sends my heart into despair, it doesn't have to worry, take notice or even care.
I dream to smell the ocean, and feel it on my skin, to have the bluest water, open up and let me in.
To know that it surrounds me, and can carry me to and fro, to know that it can kill me in one mind shattering, lung crushing blow.
© Copyright 2011 sinead (sinead106 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1738617-To-see-the-ocean