*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1739723-All-in-One-Night
by Elyse
Rated: 13+ · Other · Mystery · #1739723
Julia's first night alone in the Millstone manor. The one night she won't want to remember
"Julia!" a man from the kitchen of Millstone Manor called out.
At first there was no response, but several seconds later a young woman appeared from the steps of the old manor.
"I am heading out for work tonight, they want me to stay late," Robert, said putting on a jacket.
Julia looked around the kitchen. The island in the center of the kitchen was filled with old newspapers, and the marble countertops that ran along the walls were filthy with crumbs and jelly from the sandwiches that had been made by the daycare Julia hosted. The refridgerator, who was covered in pictures of boys and girls that attended the daycare, was placed next to the counters. There was also a back door the Robert had left in, where snow had covered part of the window. Julia sighed.
It was snowing in the town of Millstone, New Jersey. There was a sudden movement across the street of the manor. A black shadow then followed up and gained access to the basement of the manor. Slowly, it stalked up the steps of the basement noticing the door was left ajar.
Julia could see quick movement from her living room to the basement door. Nervously, she stood up from her couch and closed it, expecting something to happen.
"Rosy, you silly cat!" Julia laughed as her cat jumped onto the couch and took her rightful spot on it.
The man was wearing a full black suit. His back was against the wall when the woman had come to shut the door. There then came a fuzzy radio noise and a voice began talking.
"RAVEN; WOLF, are you all in place?"
"Yes,"the reply came in unison.
A man in black van was scanning a set monitors. "Move in." Both men moved in with guns pointing at every corner. The man from the basement bashed into the living room to grabbed Julia. She stood up from her couch when he forcefully grabbed her. Julia was screaming and kicking for her life as he dragged her to the front door when she pulled the man's mask off, "ROBERT?!" she cried...
© Copyright 2011 Elyse (isabellekarnen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1739723-All-in-One-Night