*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1739839-life
by col
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Self Help · #1739839
free verse
The meaning of life. It's the one thing every person in the world has in common. We are all so drastically looking for what the meaning is. I, myself can't even pinpoint what the meaning of life is, but maybe it has to do with love. I've never experienced it, but I have seen it at first hand. I've seen people fall in and out of love and somewhere in between. I may never have been in love, but I have had my heart broken and it hurts alot. It's the fact that you had someone right in front of you that you enjoyed and cared about, but they were still in love with someone else. And it's not the fact that they don't love you it's the fact that you thought the person was perfect for you, everything you want in a person and it's scary to know that it won't happen and that they could have been the one, what if you don't find someone else with those qualities? I guess that's the journey of life, to find the one who makes you feel happy and you would do anything for. Maybe there is no meaning to life, but just a journey to love. I once heard a song with the lyrics " where you invest your love, you invest your life" I guess when you invest your love, but just love, but pure, raw love, you make it your whole life and I guess when that comes tumbling down you don't know who you are anymore and your "life" has no definition. I have yet to find the answer on how to heal from this, but I'm sure all in time you will heal and continue on the journey of love.
© Copyright 2011 col (col4 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1739839-life