*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1740075-Midnight-on-Morgan-Street
by Weezy
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1740075
She tried to escape, but the men were too fast...

Abbie walked through the dark, abandoned midnight of Morgan city. The only things that lit up the pitch black city were the streetlights and the rain that reflected them. As the 25 year old girl walked, she felt a cold shiver. It was cold outside, and she was wearing an extremely small, sleeveless red minidress, under her small high-cut coat. It was cold for her, because of the small clothes she had on, but she felt that that wasn't the reason why she felt a cold shiver. She felt like someone was following her. She decided not to look back; that way she wouldn't attract the stalker's attention. She turned a corner, hoping that the stalker would lose her. But she kept feeling that cold shiver; the person must've still been on her trail. She turned many corners, and her slow walk turned into a fast walk.

Her cold shivers turned even colder, and some street lights had turned off. Also, the night wasn't getting any brighter. She felt her chest vibrating as her heart started pounding. The rain made her already tight, short minidress even tighter, making it harder to walk.

She heard footsteps that weren't her own. In seconds they got louder and louder. She ducked behind a trash can. She felt the footsteps dim away.

"Phew," she said as she stood up. She turned around, only to see a man right in front of her face. He looked to be about between 30 and 35 years old.

Her heart skipped a beat as she saw him. She wanted to scream, but was so terrified that she was speechless. The man smiled, saying, "How would you like to be one of the million users of Lasting Beauty, the least expensive make-up product in the U.S?"

"No thanks," she said. Abbie sighed a sigh of deep relief as she figured out a way to get home as quickly as possible. Her walks got even faster as the night got even darker.

She reached out for her cell phone to call the police department. Maybe they could take her home. She was going to take a bus but apparently there were no buses or taxis in sight. As she dialed, she realized that her phone was dead.

Dammit! she thought to herself. She walked and found a telephone booth. It looked old, but she prayed it worked. She ran over to it and dialed 9-1-1. It didn't work either. She was about to curse, when she suddenly felt someone right behind her, breathing on her neck.

"Look, sir, I'm not buying your make-up product!" She said. She turned around, only to see five men smiling creepilly at her. They seemed to be middle-aged.

"Heeehehehehe..." one said.

"Wanna come with us, babe?" another said.

She sprayed pepper spray into the eyes of one of them and started running away, screaming. They soon caught up with her in a dark alley.

"Get away from me!" she said.

"Or else what," one of them said.

She tried to run, but they each had a firm grip on her coat. She kicked and yelled and squirmed.

"The more you squirm the tighter grip we'll have on you," they said. She quickly got out of her coat, slipping from their grip. She ran as fast as she could, but was caught once again. One of the men slammed her against a brick building, seriously injuring her back. He punched her in the eye, saying, "Don't ever spray me in the eyes with that thing!"

She punched him in the face as she ran from them. She was running too fast for her own feet, and tripped, falling face first into the cement. After that, everything was black. When she regained consciousness, She stood up, only to see a man point a gun at her.

"Time to go night-night," he said. The last thing she heard was BANG!
© Copyright 2011 Weezy (eragon97 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1740075-Midnight-on-Morgan-Street