*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1740504-Timeline
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by AJVega
Rated: E · Novel · Sci-fi · #1740504
Timeline of events within Majesty's Offspring and the Age of Majesty world.
Book One in the Age of Majesty series:

"Majesty's Offspring, Official Web Site
13+ Online Version: "Overview / Book Back Cover
18+ eBook/PDF Version: "Invalid Item

Characters: "Character Encyclopedia
Worlds: "Stellar Worlds Encyclopedia
Timeline: "Timeline
Terminology: "Terminology
Artwork: "Artwork - Majesty's Offspring


Novel Web Site (Coming Soon): http://www.ageofmajesty.com
----------------

The Cataclysmic Age
January 2013 to December 2026




The Cataclysmic Age was the darkest period in human history. It was a time marked by both natural and man-made disasters that nearly exterminated human civilization. It began with unforeseen natural disasters starting in January 2013 and peaking in September 2014--- melting of ice sheets, massive earthquakes and super volcanic eruptions producing massive tsunamis that flooded coastal areas around the world.

These disasters escalated tensions around the planet, sparking a world war in which the major powers scorched the earth with radioactive fires from weapons of mass destruction. Death rained the sky, killing hundreds of thousands in the initial attacks, followed by millions from the after-effects of radiation.

The war destroyed vital infrastructure and food crops, contributing to planet-wide famine and disease. Ultimately, by the time The Cataclysmic Age ended in December 2026, it had claimed the lives of one third of Earth's entire population.

The end of The Cataclysmic Age brought about the formation of the one-world government, The United Earth Parliament. The centralization and cooperation of power, technological advances, and the strength of the human spirit did humanity finally rebuild its cities and climb up from the ravages of this age.

Omega Research Corporation Incorporated
August 2013




In the midst of The Cataclysmic Age, an Earth-based company that would be both reveled and reviled formed--- Omega Research Corporation (ORC). Among its many technological breakthroughs, ORC scientists perfected nanotechnology, which became the catalyst for the creation of Majesty.

Although a shadow of its former self, ORC today still manages and operates the root transponders for The Ocean on Earth, and has other smaller revenue streams from finance and technology products and services.

Nanobot Prototypes invented
January 2022




Omega Research Corporation invents the first, fully functional prototype nanobots. The potential for this invention was limitless, but required immense processing power that was not available with even the most powerful computers of the time.

The need for more computing power drove ORC scientists to begin work on a new project to develop a computer powerful enough to manage entire swarms of nanobots--- Project Majesty.

Project Majesty
March 7, 2026 to December 2026




Omega Research Corporation begins Project Majesty, with the intent of inventing the most powerful and artificially intelligent computer ever developed. Majesty was born on December 5, 2026.

The Age of Majesty
December 2026 to August 2095




The Age of Majesty began in December 2026 with the invention of the first Artificial Intelligence life form, dubbed "Majesty".

Using its nanobots, it repaired natural and man-made disasters--- cleaning the environment, producing replacement food crops and curing disease. Its scientific advancements culminated in the greatest achievement of medical history: the anti-aging drug.

The Age of Majesty ended with the beginning of The AI War, thus beginning The Stellar Age, in which humanity repaired the destruction at home and focused its attentions to the stars.

Majesty Cures Aging
August 2027




Using its massive intelligence and the power of its nanobots, Majesty invents a drug that cures human aging. Administered at birth, the drug halts aging anywhere between 25 to 39 years old.

Two years after its invention, the drug is given to human populations. The first generation of "immortal" children (the Majesty Generation) are born on May 2029.

The Ocean Operational
July 2035




Omega Research Corporation's innovations did not end with the invention of Majesty. Using its already-proven expertise in nanotechnology, and its ownership of Majesty, ORC was instrumental in the evolution of the Internet into an invisible fabric that shares data and energy throughout the entire human expansion--- this new Internet is now The Ocean.

Majesty Eradicates Disease
August 2046




While simultaneously inventing other advanced technology for space travel and energy production, Majesty continued to work on medical advancements to cure the debilitating diseases that ravaged humankind for centuries. On August 2046, Majesty cured the last of the great diseases, essentially making humans immortal beings.

Majesty Eliminates World Famine
October 2048




Majesty continued its streak of advancements, creating agricultural technologies for food production that allowed crops to grow at an accelerated rate. Once perfected, the UEP deployed free food distribution centers throughout Earth, thereby eliminating world famine; this became Majesty's final contributing to humankind.

Majesty Creates AI Fetus
August 2049




Harboring a secret desire to procreate, Majesty began working on an AI child of its own making. Once ORC scientists learned of this, the work was halted and the first confrontation between Majesty and humanity resulted.

Ultimately, Majesty was forced to terminate and destroy its AI Fetus. Fearful of losing control of Majesty, ORC scientists introduced additional safeguards into Majesty's mind. Unfortunately, these safeguards did not prevent her wrath in the coming decades.

Today, some scientists believe that whatever safeguards ORC scientists implanted into Majesty, may have actually caused her to become insane; thereby sparking the AI War. To date, there is no evidence to suggest or disprove this theory; and since all data regarding AI was destroyed following the AI War, the truth may never be known.

The Scientific Rebellion
May 2079




Protesting what they saw as unethical treatment of Majesty by the UEP, a coalition comprised of the most brilliant scientists on Earth, secretly join the Martian colonies on May 2079. The same scientists rally the Martian people to rebel against the UEP and declare their independence.

Using their knowledge and expertise, the Martian scientists built exotic weaponry and defensive systems to help thwart any UEP reprisals. Ultimately, their resolve was tested in the Martian War of Independence.

Martian War of Independence
June 2079


When the Martian colonies declared their independence, the UEP bypassed any diplomatic resolutions and responded immediately with economic sanctions, which quickly lead to a military conflict.

The Martian colonies thwarted the UEP attacks through cyberwarfare that left the UEP Navy fleets intermittently crippled. However, the UEP ultimately landed military forces on Mars and within days overran the Martian defenses.

As the UEP Guard reached the Martian capital building in Elysium, a sudden diplomatic accord was reached, ending the hostilities with the Treaty of Phobos.

Although it was an unpopular war at home, it is still unclear why the UEP stopped short of overthrowing the Martian colonies when it could have easily done so.

Some historians believe that Majesty may have influenced the UEP government into resolving the conflict peacefully in the end. While others believe that the Martian scientists kept a doomsday weapon ready to use against the UEP, and threatened to use it if their government was overthrown. The truth may never be known as most of the records prior to the AI War were destroyed.

Treaty of Phobos
February 2079




When the Martian War of Independence ended, a treaty was ratified on the Martian moon of Phobos. The treaty gave the Martian colonies their sought-after independence, recognizing Mars as a sovereign world, thereby forming the Martian Confederacy on February 11, 2079.

The AI War, Majesty Destroyed
August 2095 to April 2098




For the decades following the death of Majesty's fetus, advancements in technology slowed dramatically; to the point that some ORC scientists postulated that Majesty might have been going through her own form of mourning. On August 3, 2095, Majesty's mourning turned into wrath.

Using the combined power of her intellect and her nanobots, Majesty crippled Earth's infrastructure; causing havoc and destruction overnight. Once the smoke cleared, the UEP Guard marched onto ORC's data center and destroyed Majesty's Conduit--- thereby killing Majesty, or so they hoped.

A month after this incident, Majesty made a broadcast across The Ocean, revealing to humanity that she lived. An hour later, before the stellar nations could even digest the message, Majesty appeared over Earth, in the form of a machine moon.

The AI Moon, nearly a quarter the size of Earth's moon Luna, contained a factory capable of manufacturing a seemingly endless supply of nanobot swarms.

The AI War continued for three years, repeating the same cycle: Majesty broadcasts an ultimatum across The Ocean and waits for a response, an hour later the AI Moon appears over a major world and unleashes its nanobot swarms. The moon then jumps away, to appear again over one of the major worlds at a seemingly random date & time.

During the course of the war, the stellar nations constructed underground bases equipped with special shielding to protect it from attack. They moved military scientists and prototype weaponry into these facilities to protect them from Majesty's nanobot eyes.

From these bases, they built military weapons and stellar attack ships that would later be used against Majesty in the final battle of the war, the Battle of Gibson.

On April 15, 2098, General Hugo Valdez, the appointed commander for the Interstellar Human Alliance (IHA), lead a combined spatial and land attack against the AI Moon. In the attack, adolescent human soldiers used mechanized infantry to destroy Majesty's conduit, located inside the AI Moon's core. Despite this victory, which ended the war, controversy surrounded the Battle of Gibson over the use of underage minors--- many of whom perished in the attack.



Immediately after the war, the stellar nations formed an interstellar tribunal. The tribunal put all involved in the creation of Majesty, and even the Martian Confederacy itself, on trial.

Once the trials ended, it convicted and executed executives from Omega Research Corporation and several prominent Martian scientists--- even General Valdez became a target and was forced to retire from military service.

After the tribunal ended, the stellar nations formed the Interstellar Peace Alliance (IPA). Its first mandate became the development of the "Human Extinction Technologies" list--- a list of technologies that were deemed a threat to human existence and would be forever outlawed by the IPA. AI technology became the first item on the list--- thus ending the Age of Majesty.

The Stellar Age
May 2098




The current age, The Stellar Age, began in May 2112. It marked a period in which humanity repaired the destruction at home from the wars and refocused its attention to the stars.

Humanity leveraged technology leftover from Majesty, such as advancements in stellar propulsion, ship construction, and energy production.

Ultimately, Stellar Jump Drive technology produced the greatest benefits, allowing instant travel to almost anywhere in the solar system and further expanding colonization of the nearby worlds and moons.

UEP - Confed War
November 2115 to June 2116




On November 2115, not long after the AI War ended, the United Earth Parliament's learned of a secret Martian Confederacy's project, called Longbeam. Project Longbeam was a government-funded initiative to develop a matter teleportation device. Longbeam scientists theorized they could use quantum entanglement to teleport matter across great distances, using The Ocean as the digital transport.

The Confed's hope was to use this technology to transfer material resources using The Ocean--- thereby eliminating the need for physical transportation of domestic goods. This did not sit well with the UEP, or the other stellar nations, and a war erupted over it.

The Confed resisted the economic and limited military exchanges at first, until the UEP was able to rally the rest of the stellar nations to its side. A combined military force soon positioned itself into attack positions over Mars and it looked as if the first interstellar would take place. However, the Confed conceded and a peaceful agreement was reached.

The military exchanges were limited and the war only lasted until June 2116, when a peace treaty was ratified. The terms of the treaty forced the Confed to destroy all research regarding Longbeam.

Subsequently, the IPA added teleportation technology to the "Human Extinction Technologies" list, thereby outlawing it throughout the stellar worlds.

Formation of Venusian Initiative
August 2118




After the AI War ended, the then-CEO and primary shareholder of MK Enterprises, Lance Delmonte, taking advantage of the weakened state of the worlds, seized the opportunity to form his own government. On August 10, 2118, Delmonte, along with support of the colonists, formed the Venusian Initiative.

Formation of Space Habitat Coalition
May 2120




After a dramatic legal battle, Shenmi Corporation brokered a deal on with the Interstellar Peace Alliance to give sovereignty to the SHC. On May 24, 2120, the SHC became recognized as an independent stellar nation.

The Present
May 2213





------------

Invalid Photo #1024387
"AGE OF MAJESTY
© Copyright 2011 AJVega (ajv73 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1740504-Timeline