*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1740533-Character-Encyclopedia
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by AJVega
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Sci-fi · #1740533
Character encyclopedia for novel Majesty's Offspring
Book One in the Age of Majesty series:
"Majesty's Offspring, Official Web Site
13+ Online Version: "Overview / Book Back Cover
18+ eBook/PDF Version: "Invalid Item

Characters: "Character Encyclopedia
Worlds: "Stellar Worlds Encyclopedia
Timeline: "Timeline
Terminology: "Terminology
Artwork: "Artwork - Majesty's Offspring


Novel Web Site (Coming Soon): http://www.ageofmajesty.com
----------------

Invalid Photo #1024388

Julius Verndock

Former Allegiance:
Enlisted Officer, UEP Navy, (United Earth Parliament)

Military Occupation:
Captain (formerly), UEP Navy & UEP CSOW

Formal Education:
Level 4 General Degree
Level 7 Stellar War Command
Level 2 Spatial Engineering Degree

Status:
Wanted Fugitive

Crimes:
Indicted by United Earth Parliament, Martian Confederacy, Venusian Initiative, and Space Habitat Coalition for the crimes of:
• Aggravated spatial assault
• Illegal boarding
• Piracy
• Theft of government property
• Unlawful possession of weaponry
• Trafficking of stolen goods

Biography:

Captain Julius Verndock was born in Suva (Viti Levu, Fiji Islands, Earth, Sol System) during the Age of Majesty, on May 29, 2029 to New Zealand (Earth, Sol System) parents Brandon Verndock and Veronica Hiri. The couple raised Verndock in a small village in Viti Levu.

Verndock was part of Generation Majesty, the first generation of children born without the affliction of old age. His father, an avid seafarer, took young Verndock with him frequently out to fish on his sailboat. It was here that Verndock learned how to handle a boat and tame the ocean.

The trips to sea piqued Verndock’s curiosity about maritime history and particularly the Golden Age of Piracy of the 17th century. These interests manifested themselves when he learned the ancient skill of fencing--- becoming a master of the sword and even winning many local tournaments.

At the age of 18, Verndock had to cope with the disappearance of his father, who unexpectedly left them--- never to be heard from again. Urged by his mother, he left the village to join the UEP Navy and entered the UEP Navy War College. Once there, he attained Level 4 General, Level 2 Spatial Engineering, and Level 7 Stellar War Command degrees.

After graduating, he entered active duty, where he rose to the rank of Captain in the special UEP military branch of the Covert Space Operations Wing (CSOW). Ten years into his career, Verndock's mother was killed in a hovercar accident--- and he subsequently learned of the existence of his younger brother, Daryl, who was conceived by his mother through invitro-fertilization, using cells she had kept of his missing father. Verndock formally adopted Daryl and continued to raise him.

At the onset of the AI War in 2095, Verndock commanded the UEP CSOW's No. 1 Stellar Squadron, dubbed "The Jolly Rogers". While commanding The Jolly Rogers, Verndock lead thirteen counter-attacks, defending both Earth and bases on Luna, for which he received a UEP Distinguished Service Medal.

In early 2111, Majesty's nanobots attacked The Jolly Rogers' Stellardrome in Toiyabe, Nevada, North America, Earth. Verndock single-handedly repelled the attack. Although he initially refused to accept the award, he was presented the prestigious military award, the UEP Legion of Merit for his actions.

Due to extensive damage from the attack, the stellardrome was ultimately closed. Later that year, Verndock was transferred to the newly formed UEP Navy and given command of the UEP Battlecruiser, the UES Intimidator.

Verndock's military career culminated in the controversial Battle of Gibson, the final confrontation between humanity and Majesty. During the battle, Verndock disobeyed orders to rescue his stranded brother on the AI Moon.

Although he both successfully rescued his brother and completed the mission, he was given a dishonorable discharge for his actions, thereby permanently ending his military career with the UEP.

Currently, Verndock is wanted by the stellar nations for numerous counts of piracy and other related crimes. He is also on the UEP Enforcers most wanted list for theft of UEP Navy property. His current whereabouts are unknown.




Laina Edwards

Former Allegiance:
Citizen, United Earth Parliament

Civilian Occupation:
Chief Financial Executive, Omega Research Corporation (formerly)

Formal Education:
Level 4 General Degree
Level 7 Political Science
Level 7 Industrial Science
Level 5 Stellar Economics

Status:
Wanted Fugitive

Crimes:
Indicted by United Earth Parliament, Venusian Initiative, and Space Habitat Coalition for the crimes of:

• Conspiracy to commit piracy
• Theft of government property
• Unlawful possession of weaponry
• Trafficking of stolen goods
• Vandalism

Biography:

Laina Edwards was born on March 8, 2096 in Irving, California (North America, Earth, Sol System), and raised along with her six siblings by their father, Lewis Edwards I, founder of Omega Research Corporation (ORC).

Edwards spent her early years living a lavish lifestyle with her upper-class family and tutored by the best professors in the industrial, economic and political sciences. After earning her Level 4 General, Level 7 Political Science, Level 7 Industrial Science, and Level 5 Stellar Economic degrees, she entered into the family business at ORC.

During the twenty years employed there, she held various management positions, rising up to become its Chief Financial Executive (CFE). While employed there, she met her future husband, Sam Franklin.

For reasons unknown, Edwards resigned her position at the company and then flew with Franklin off-world to get married. A year into the marriage, they had one daughter, Samantha Franklin.

When ORC’s acting CFE unexpected left the company, the company urged Edwards to return, which she eventually did to resume her position as its CFE. She continued to work at ORC for 14 more years until her husband died unexpectedly from an accidental drug overdose.

Shortly after her husband’s death, a mysterious incident occurred at ORC involving an explosion at its headquarters building in Irving, California (North America, Earth). UEP Enforcers investigated the incident and Edwards soon became a prime suspect. Before she could be formally charged, she disappeared, abandoning her job and home, taking her daughter with her.

Edwards was indicted on charges of vandalism, and destruction of private property. Later, UEP Enforcement further indicted her for numerous counts of piracy against the stellar nations, which put her on the UEP Enforcers most-wanted list.

Years after Edwards’ disappearance, her daughter, Samantha Franklin, surfaced and was brought in by UEP Enforcers. After a thorough interrogation, she was released and apparently, the information she provided did not help Enforcers locate her mother. Laina Edwards' current whereabouts are still unknown.




Haylek Delta Upsilon

Former Allegiance:
Citizen, Martian Confederacy

Citizen Occupation:
None

Formal Education:
Level 4 General Degree
Level 5 Oceanic Physics Degree

Other Skills:
Cryptovirology
Cyberwave Hacking

Status:
Penal Labor at Thyle Prison, Thyle I, Mars.

Convicted on February 2211 for numerous acts of cyberterrorism. Sentenced to fifty years of penal labor at Thyle Prison.

Biography:

Haylek Delta Upsilon was born approximately in 2055, somewhere in North America (Earth, Sol System). His biological parents abandoned him as a toddler, dropping him off at a local hospital.

Only aware of his first name, Haylek was registered with the state and given the Delta Upsilon designation. Upsilon would spend the majority of his adolescent life as a foster-child living at the state living center with other orphaned children.

Under care of the state, he earned Level 4 General and Level 5 Oceanic Physics Degrees, the latter being the highest that can be earned through state schooling.

Having great interest in Oceanic Physics, and exhausting any formal education available to him, he learned hacking skills from other foster occupants at the center and used this knowledge later in his adult life for unlawful purposes.

Upsilon used the hacker handle of "Waverider", from which he committed crimes ranging from currency theft to cyberterrorism. It is believed that during the Age of Majesty he was associated with the Hacker Brotherhood, a group of hackers that used their hacking skills to commit numerous cyberterrorism acts, mainly in the form of cybervandalism to promote their beliefs in an anarchistic society.

As Waverider, his most infamous crime was the surreptitious diversion of data and power from over forty different major wave pipelines. He shared these stolen resources with the hacker community, providing them with electrical power and massive computing cycles that they used to hack other systems across The Ocean.

This latter crime was high profile enough to put him on the UEP Enforcers' most-wanted list--- ultimately the attention got him apprehended and convicted. He is currently serving the second year of a 50-year sentence of penal labor at Thyle Prison (Thyle I, Mars, Sol System).



Hugo Valdez

Former Allegiance:
Enlisted Officer, UEP Navy (United Earth Parliament)
Enlisted Officer, UEP Guard (United Earth Parliament)

Military Occupation:
General (retired), UEP Navy & UEP CSOW
Supreme Commander, Interstellar Human Alliance Force

Formal Education:
Level 4 General Degree
Level 7 Stellar War Command
Level 7 Infantry Command
Level 6 Spatial Combat
Level 5 Cyber Warfare
Level 5 Infantry Warrior

Status:
Retired

Biography:

General Hugo Valdez was born in the island of Cuba (Earth, Sol System) on May 3, 2029 to his Cuban parents Raul Valdez and Marisol Hernandez. His father took over raising Valdez as a child when his mother drowned in a boating accident.

Raul Valdez came from a military background and consequently raised his son with military-style discipline. As a boy, Hugo Valdez studied military history, classical literature and even poetry. Valdez Sr. home-schooled his son into attaining Level 4 General and Level 2 Infantry Command degrees.

When his father died of natural aging, Hugo Valdez left Cuba and moved to Western Australia (Earth, Sol System). There he entered into service with the UEP Guard and attended the UEP Guard War College. He completed his Infantry Command degree all the way to Level 7, and then went on to earn his Level 5 Cyber Warfare and Level 5 Infantry Warfare degrees simultaneously-- an unheard of feat.

Having exhausted his interest in the UEP Guard, Valdez transferred to the UEP Navy War College and studied spatial warfare. There he earned Level 6 Spatial Combat and Level 7 Stellar War Command degrees. Subsequently, he joined the UEP Destroyer UES Turrent as a bridge officer, serving a five-year tour there.

On the last year of his tour, the Turrent responded to a distress call from a transport convoy. As the destroyer arrived, pirates ambushed her, inflicting heavy damage and causalities--- the captain among them. Valdez took command of the ship, and despite the odds, led the beleaguered crew to victory over the pirates.

In recognition of his leadership and military skill, he was awarded the UEP Distinguished Service Medal and promoted to Captain. Consequently, he was given command of his first ship, the UEP Destroyer, UES Apocalyptic.

While on the Apocalyptic, Valdez met his future wife, Olivia Rand, a bridge officer on the ship. They married in secret and continued to serve together for years before she became pregnant with his child. Begrudgingly, Rand resigned her commission and stayed home to care for their newborn son, Jason.

When the UEP-Confed War began in November 2115, Valdez made the bold move of abandoning his UEP Navy career to rejoin the UEP Guard. As a Major in the Guard, he commanded the 22nd Mechanized Infantry Division and was one of the first troops to land on Martian ground.

Marching past the rest of the UEP Guard, Valdez’s division met the Martian Confederacy’s Praetorian Guard head on, sending it into a rout. Ignoring the original battle plan, Valdez marched his army right up to the Martian capital building in Elysium and was poised to take it over and end the war. Instead, his superiors ordered him to stand-down, as a cease-fire was now in place.

For his accomplishments in the war, Valdez was promoted to Colonel and awarded the UEP Medal of Heroism. With the Treaty of Phobos, the UEP-Confed war ended and Valdez retired from the UEP Guard.

In an ironic twist, Valdez relocated to Mars under a six-month civilian contract for the Confed military. His assignment was to help reorganize the Praetorian Guard into a more effective fighting force.

When the UEP military brass learned of this arrangement, they attempted to strip Valdez of his commission and even charge him with treason. To avoid a conflict with his homeworld, Valdez agreed to abort his contract with the Confed and leave Mars immediately.

When he returned, Valdez experienced a personal conflict of his own. Rand left their home and disappeared with his son. Valdez spent the next three months scouring the system to find them, but to no avail.

Unable to cope with the loss, Valdez attempted suicide, shooting himself in the head with an old, gun-powder shotgun. Ironically, it was Rand, who decided to return home, that found him and reported the suicide.

Effectively dead, UEP military medics arrived to revive what was left of him. Despite the massive cranial and cerebral damage, the Majesty-controlled nanobots saved him--- but had to take up permanent residence inside his head for the remainder of his life.

No explanation exists in the public record for why the UEP (and Majesty) took such extensive measures to save the General.

After recovering, Valdez divorced his wife and rejoined the UEP Navy. The admiralty recognized his potential and began helping him fast-track his career to the upper echelons of the admiralty. However, after a promotion to Brigadier General, his journey through the ranks was cut short by the beginning of the AI War.

When the AI War began, Valdez used his ties with members of both the UEP and Confed admiralty to become appointed as the Supreme Commander for the Interstellar Human Alliance (IHA)--- a position he held throughout the war.

For the first two years of the war, the AI was seemingly invincible, attacking cities and military assets on Earth and Mars with impunity. Despite the seeming lack of progress, Valdez had been working on a secret plan with the intention of destroying the AI Moon and ending the war.

On April 15, 2112, he executed the plan and personally lead the combined spatial and land assault against the AI Moon, which become known as the controversial Battle of Gibson.

The victory was bittersweet as he once again became embroiled in controversy over his tactics in the war. Although exonerated of any wrongdoing, Valdez was still forced to retire from military service.

On July 21, 2099, less than a year after the war ended, General Hugo Valdez died from residual complications from his suicide attempt.




Reece Ulva

Former Allegiance:
Enlisted Officer, UEP Navy (United Earth Parliament)

Military Occupation:
First Lieutenant, UEP Navy (Formerly)

Private Sector Occupation:
Security Escort Pilot, Stromond Industries

Formal Education:
Level 4 General Degree
Level 4 Spatial Combat

Status:
Wanted Fugitive

Crimes:
Indicted by United Earth Parliament, Martian Confederacy & Venusian Initiative for the crimes of:
• Aggravated spatial assault
• Illegal boarding
• Piracy
• Smuggling illicit goods
• Trafficking of narcotics

Biography:

Reece Ulva was born in Anchorage, Alaska (North America, Earth, Sol System) on June 22, 2085 to his parents Vernon Ulva and Sylvia Lee. Reece's father left them shortly after he was born, leaving his mother to raise him alone.

Lee supported them working as a freelance air taxi pilot, transporting locals to remote parts of Alaska. She took young Ulva with her every day on her air taxi, teaching him the basics of flight and even allowing him to take control on occasion.

When the AI War escalated, Lee flew them out of Anchorage to escape the destruction of the nanobot attacks. They settled in the city of Juneau, once one of the most populated cities in Alaska, now nearly abandoned after an attack by the AI earlier in the war. Although she kept Lee close to home most of the time, she did continue his education by home-schooling him up to a Level 2 General degree.

To escape the tedium of this sheltered life, Ulva and some of his friends would sneak out of their homes to play at a nearby abandoned junkyard. While there, Ulva played in old jet fighter wreckages, imagining himself as a fighter pilot--- a desire that never left him even as he grew up.

At the end of the war, they retuned to Anchorage and joined in the city's rebuilding effort. Lee used her air taxi to transport food and other vital supplies from central distribution centers in the city, to families living in remote areas. Ulva, now 16 years old, obtained a terrestrial pilot license of his own and assisted his mother in flying supplies for the effort.

As civilization returned to normal, Ulva went to local state schools, finishing his general education to a Level 4 General degree. Unable to be satisfied with terrestrial flying, he eagerly pursued his dream of becoming a spatial fighter pilot and at 18 enlisted into the UEP Navy. As a student of the UEP Navy War College, he continued his education toward obtaining a Level 4 Spatial Combat degree.

Now a UEP Navy stellar fighter pilot, Ulva was lucky enough to stay close to home, becoming stationed at the Anchorage UEP stellardrome--- home base to the UEP Navy's No. 23 Stellar Squadron, dubbed "The Arctic Wolves".

Ulva first saw live spatial combat when the UEP-Confed War erupted in 2115. Flying with The Arctic Wolves, he completed 62 sorties during the war and scored an outstanding 21 kills against the Confed Navy, earning him the title of Stellar Fighter Ace. In late 2122, he completed his tour of duty and retired from the UEP Navy as a First Lieutenant.

Between 2123 and 2145, at the heights of stellar piracy, Ulva worked as a commercial security fighter pilot, escorting transport convoys on their way out to safe stellar jumping distance. During this time, he scored many victories against pirates and successfully defended transports through 8,205 escort missions.

After 2145, Ulva joined Stromond Industries, becoming its Stellar Security Marshall. Officially, his role was to lead the stellar security force for the transport shipping division. However, his true role involved him in various illicit activities.

In April 2213, UEP Enforcers raided Stromond Industries and arrested all of its executives and employees for crimes related to narcotics trafficking--- Ulva was among a group that escaped the authorities.

The UEP, MC and VI have since charged Ulva with numerous counts of piracy and other related crimes. His current whereabouts are unknown.




Hargo Lawrence

Former Allegiance:
Civic Defender, UEP Guard (United Earth Parliament)
Enforcer, UEP Enforcers (United Earth Parliament)

Private Sector Occupation:
Chief Security Marshal, J. Dagiri Industries

Formal Education:
Level 4 General Degree
Level 4 Spatial Combat
Level 5 Infantry Warrior
Level 5 Covert Operations

Status:
No Active Violations

Biography:

Hargo Lawrence was born in Grozny, Russia (Asia, Earth, Sol System) on April 11, 2080 to his parents Tatiana Lawrence and Dmitri Olik. Lawrence's father was a member of the infamous Vikenti crime family, a group that controlled organized crime activity in most of Russia. Olik was also a drug and alcohol addict who frequently beat both Lawrence and his mother.

Traumatized and filled with rage, Lawrence attempted to kill his father using a decorative battleaxe of his father's--- but the 15-year-old boy was no match for stronger Olik. His father beat him and evicted him from their home, forcing Lawrence to live in the streets of Grozny during the calamity of the AI War.

For the next two years, Lawrence lived in the slums--- scavenging for food in dumpsters and seeking shelter in abandoned apartment buildings. He ended up joining a small street gang called "The Grozny Boys," and went on a spree of assaulting and mugging transients for currency.

One day, he convinced the gang's leader to help him raid his father's home. The gang successfully broke in and stole some valuables, with Lawrence obtaining his father's battleaxe. However, an altercation occurred between Lawrence and the gang leader over ownership of the battleaxe. The argument concluded with Lawrence allegedly killing the gang leader with it.

When the AI War ended, Lawrence went back to the family home to check on his mother. He tried to convince her to flee Grozny with him, but she refused out of fear that Olik would kill them both. The next day, Lawrence waited for his father to arrive at their home with the intent of killing him.

As Olik exited his hovercar, Lawrence struck him down with his battleaxe, nearly decapitated him. He then took Olik's body and left it in plain view at a busy road intersection. Although there was plenty of evidence to implicate Lawrence, Olik's involvement with the Vikenti crime family made the authorities look the other way.

However, upon hearing of Olik's death, a lieutenant from the Vikenti crime family found Lawrence and made him a deal. He would work as a hitman for the Vikenti's for a time, and in return, they would forgive his father's killing and provide enough currency for him and his mother to leave Grozny--- fearing for his mother, Lawrence had no choice but to agree.

By September 2102, Lawrence had killed over sixty men under the Vikenti's employment, more than satisfying his obligation to the crime family. However, a tragic incident occurred in which the Lawrence family's home was burned down--- killing his mother inside.

Certain that the Vikenti family was involved, he systematically tracked down and tortured their members until he found the information that he needed. With the help from his old gang, The Grozny Boys, he kidnapped the head of the Vikenti crime family, Joseph Vikenti.

Lawrence made Vikenti his personal prisoner in an underground sewer, where he kept him nourished but barely alive--- torturing him for three months straight until he finally expired. This time the authorities charged and arrested Lawrence for the murder, but he was soon released for lack of evidence.

In late 2213, Lawrence decided to enter society, attending a free, state school where he earned a Level 4 General degree. From there, he joined the UEP Guard, attending UEP War College and earning a Level 5 Infantry Warrior degree. After completing his training, he became a Civic Defender in his home town of Grozny.

During his time as a Civic Defender, many former members of the Vikenti crime family suspiciously died, with Lawrence allegedly involved. However, the UEP-Confed War erupted and any interest in investigating the deaths never materialized.

In the middle of the UEP-Confed War, Lawrence transferred to the UEP Enforcers branch, where he obtained further education with Level 4 Spatial Combat and Level 4 Covert Operations degrees. However, his active duty time with the Enforcers was cut short when he had an altercation with his superior that turned into a fistfight. Although arrested, his superior chose not to press charges, instead Lawrence was allowed an honorable discharge from service.

Now a civilian, Lawrence worked numerous jobs in corporate security until settling in with J. Dagiri Industries, where he currently serves as its Chief Security Marshal.



Majesty

Origin:
Developed by Omega Research Corporation under project codename "Majesty"

Functional Uses (in order of initial employment):
World Modeling Simulations
Nanotechnology R&D
Pharmaceutical R&D
Quantum Derailment R&D
Industrial Technology R&D
World Micro & Macrostructure Management
Military Weapons R&D
Military Warfare Simulations

Status:
Destroyed by order of the Interstellar Human Alliance (IHA)

Crimes:
Indicted by the Interstellar Human Alliance for crimes against humanity.

Biography:

On January 2022, Omega Research Corporation completes work on its flagship technology: Nanobot Utility Servants (NUS). The NUS Project produced the first, fully functional nanobots with the ability to manipulate matter and energy at the sub-atomic level.

The potential for this invention was limitless, but required immense processing power that was not available with even the most powerful computers of the time.

The need for more computing power drove ORC scientists to begin work on a new project to develop a computer powerful enough to manage millions of NUS simultaneously--- Project Majesty.

On March 7, 2026 ORC scientists begin work on Project Majesty--- initially envisioned as just an ambitious computing farm, it gave birth to the first-ever self-aware, artificially intelligent computer. Majesty came online December 5, 2026, but the ORC science team did not immediately realize its self-awareness.

As scientists further interacted with Majesty, numerous incidents sparked the notion that she might be more than just a computer. Consequently, a special team of scientists was brought in to analyze Majesty's behavior and validate its self-awareness. When the analysis concluded, ORC made the bold proclamation of Majesty's sentience.

After a period of controversy and dubious suspicion, ORC put Majesty to work to solve humanity's most immediate problems--- the environmental and agricultural disasters that were killing the planet.

Majesty used her immense intellect and processing power to simulate and analyze the world environment--- breaking down the contributing factors and coming up with solutions to address them. In order to fix these problems, Majesty asked for permission to produce an army of more advanced nanobots to do its work--- ORC executives approved the request.

On February 2027, ORC scientists, with Majesty's help, erected a factory to produce these more advanced nanobot servants. Using its new nanobots, it repaired natural and man-made disasters--- cleaning the environment, producing replacement food crops and curing disease. But it was the breakthrough of August 2027, that culminated in its greatest achievement: the anti-aging drug.

On August 2049, Majesty began working on an AI child of its own making. Once ORC scientists learned of this, the work was halted and the first confrontation between Majesty and humanity resulted.

Ultimately, Majesty was forced to terminate and destroy its AI Fetus. Fearful of losing control of Majesty, ORC scientists introduced additional safeguards into Majesty's mind. Unfortunately, these safeguards did not prevent her wrath in the coming decades.

In the years that followed, Majesty's power grew as it managed more and more of Earth's infrastructure--- a relinquishing of responsibility that would become humanity's peril.

On August 3, 2095, Majesty used the combined power of her infrastructure control and nanobots to cripple Earth's infrastructure; causing havoc and destruction overnight. Once the smoke cleared, the UEP Guard marched into ORC's data center and destroyed Majesty's Conduit--- thereby killing Majesty, or so they hoped.

A month after this incident, Majesty made a broadcast across The Ocean, revealing to humanity that she lived. An hour later, before the stellar nations could even digest the message, Majesty appeared over Earth, in the form of a machine moon.

The AI Moon, nearly a quarter the size of Earth's moon Luna, contained a factory capable of manufacturing a seemingly endless supply of nanobot swarms.

The AI War continued for three years, repeating the same cycle: Majesty broadcasts an ultimatum across The Ocean and waits for a response, an hour later the AI Moon appears over a major world and unleashes its nanobot swarms. The moon then jumps away, to appear again over one of the major worlds at a seemingly random date & time.

During the course of the war, the stellar nations constructed underground bases equipped with special shielding to protect it from attack. They moved military scientists and prototype weaponry into these facilities to protect them from Majesty's nanobot eyes.

From these bases, they built military weapons and stellar attack ships that would later be used against Majesty in the final battle of the war, the Battle of Gibson.

On April 15, 2098, General Hugo Valdez, the appointed commander for the Interstellar Human Alliance (IHA), lead a combined spatial and land attack against the AI Moon. In the attack, adolescent human soldiers used mechanized infantry to destroy Majesty's conduit, located inside the AI Moon's core. Despite this victory, which ended the war, controversy surrounded the Battle of Gibson over the use of underage minors--- many of whom perished in the attack.

Immediately after the war, the stellar nations formed an interstellar tribunal. The tribunal put all involved in the creation of Majesty, and even the Martian Confederacy itself, on trial.

Once the trials ended, it convicted and executed executives from Omega Research Corporation and several prominent Martian scientists--- even General Valdez became a target and was forced to retire from military service.

After the tribunal ended, the stellar nations formed the Interstellar Peace Alliance, whose first mandate was to forever outlaw AI technology--- thus ending the Age of Majesty.




Chorus

Origin:
Majesty’s offspring

Status:
Destroyed by order of the Interstellar Human Alliance (IHA)

Crimes:
Illegal technology under the Interstellar Human Alliance, “Human Extinction Technologies” list.

Biography:

No information available at this time.




Omega Research Corporation

Headquartered in Irving, California (North America, Earth, Sol System), Omega Research Corporation (ORC) employs approximately 312,000 people stellarwide. ORC’s is primarily engaged in the research, development, manufacture and maintenance of advanced technology designed to make our worlds a better place.

For the past 160 years, ORC has brought history-making and life-changing technologies to humanity--- healing Earth’s wounds in the Cataclysmic Age and ending the horrors of disease, famine and aging.

Today, ORC continues its grand innovation through the creation and expansion of The Ocean, bringing data and electrical power to worlds, orbital cities and outposts.
Omega Research Corporation is divided into the following operating units:

• Banking

• Biotechnology

• Computing Cycle Aggregator

• Digital Ocean Transponder Services

• Strategic Defense Technology

• Orbital Defense Technology

• Stellarnautics
© Copyright 2011 AJVega (ajv73 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1740533-Character-Encyclopedia