*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1740589-Family
Rated: E · Other · Family · #1740589
My wish for my family
It’s been almost two years this Christmas. 2008 was not a good year for our family. It saw the death of our Grandmother and the predictable parting of our family. I can’t really remember the last time I saw them; my aunts and uncles and cousins. They don’t live very far away but we are always more isolated from them, living in a different city and all. It wasn’t a rift as such- more like a distance that just kept growing. Our grandmother was really the only link between our families and even though we aren’t as close as I would like us to be I miss them. I still miss them. I can’t contact them myself- I don’t have any of their details but there are some things I want them to know. That I’m engaged; that I now have a beautiful baby boy that no-one outside my immediate family has met; I’m not even sure they know he exists. I want to be reunited with my family for this reason. So we can become the family I’ve always wanted us to be. A family that speaks, a family that shares and most importantly, a family that loves.
© Copyright 2011 paperorigami (paperorigami at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1740589-Family