*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1740613-Growing-up
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Young Adult · #1740613
At that moment she found Like Peter Pan she did not want to grow up either.
She sat silently in deep thought, she was thinking about how her life had turned out to be so different to how she had once imagined it. Her dreams had become so distant, so unreachable and nothing seemed to be how it should be. In a world that was filled with so many people, she felt so alone, like she was an outcast trapped in a world in which she didnt belong. There was noone she could talk to about this subject, noone that she thought would understand. All her friends lifes seemed to be working out just as they wanted it, Serena thought about in every week she would sit and listen to her friends talk about there increasingly improving lives. She would nod and congratulate them with a seemingly happy smile but everytime she heard about someone elses good news it was a punch in the stomach. She felt like a failure. Her eyes glistened with tears, she was frightened that everyones lives was moving forward but her own. Any confidence that she had worked so hard on gaining had somehow got lot somewhere along the way. She wanted to reverse time and return to being a carefree child. In the background the film Peter Pan was playing, Serena turned to look at the television and at that moment she found a similarity with the fairytale character. Like Peter Pan she did not want to grow up either.
© Copyright 2011 BeautifulTragedy (chelseatoyahh at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1740613-Growing-up