*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1743967-The-Dark-Side-Chapter-Two
by Keltic
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Dark · #1743967
The second chapter in the novel, "The Dark Side".
Some say the world will end in fire.
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction, ice is also great
And would suffice.

~ Robert Frost

Chapter Two
Suspicions Arise



         As always, class on Monday was boring. I didn't have this class with Sierra, which was okay. I mean, she knows I can't spend every moment of every day with her. I need my alone time, I need my guy time. And she understands that, I guess. But to make matters worse, I had this class with my ex-girlfriend, Ali. And she had this class with not only me, but Derek. So now I get to watch them make googly-eyes at each other all day. Woohoo.


         "Miss Ali, will you please come up to read your poem?" Mrs. Lundra asked. She was our teacher, and we were supposed to write poems for class. I knew that Ali's would be about Derek, and it'd probably be amazing. Just like everything else about her...


         "Sure thing." Ali stood up and pushed her mahogany-colored hair back behind her ears, where small silver hoops hung. She cleared her throat, and began reading:

"Heaven To Earth, by Ali Shark.
Some say that angels come from Heaven to Earth,
But I... I disagree.
Because I know that Heaven is home for him, and Earth is home for me.
He is not an angel, one who has snuck upon the holy.
One who hurts for fun, one who cares not for foly.
He knows that he's hurt me, cutting deep,
Upon the night moon, he hears me weep.
My tears are food, sustanance for he.
Happy is one thing he knows I'll never be.
He is evil, misunderstanding and lustful.
He has eyes black as coal, as well as his soul.
He is the devil, and he had captured me.
But now from his broken heart, I have been set free."


         The class broke out in cheers as Ali smiled and sat down. Mrs. Lundra thanked her. The only thing I didn't like about that poem, was that Ali looked right at me the whole time she was reading. So her poem wasn't about Derek, or anyone else. Great. And I, thinking nothing could be worse, was up next for reading. So I looked around, sighed, and began:

"Venom Of A Red Rose, by Gabriel Fox.
A red rose that seems so delicate,
That seems so lovely.
Little do you know, this rose is not as it seems.
She knows how to capture, how to string in her web of lies.
Wrap her victim in fake love, and keep them around.
But when they have been used to their capacity,
She lets them drown, drown in the venom of a red rose."


         As I sat down again, I smirked to Ali while clapping rang out around me. She shook her head and looked away. The crumpled paper in my hand, the one that had the real poem I wrote for this class on it, felt like broken glass. Instead of reading the mushy poem I had written about Sierra, and instead spoke right off the spot about Ali. And I stared coldly at her the whole time. The rest of the class knew what had gone on between us, and they set to their whispering while I leaned back in my desk, put in my earbuds, and listened to a loud rock song I had written, sung, and preformed with my band. I felt Ali look at me, but didn't acknowledge it. She wanted to talk about me like I was the devil, when she was the one that had captured my heart then sliced right through it? So be it. Then I'd talk about her the way she really was. It was only a matter of time until Derek was gone with a broken heart, and Ali had found a new popular sucker to be her unsuspecting prey.
© Copyright 2011 Keltic (keltic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1743967-The-Dark-Side-Chapter-Two