*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1743984-Okami-Soshi-Okami-Itonami-XxChapter-2xX
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Akiko
Rated: 13+ · Other · Action/Adventure · #1743984
A story taking place 100 years after Amaterasu saved the world from Yami!
“Hey Asami, how are we going to-”

         Before I could even finish my sentence, the peach fell to the ground, bursting open and revealing a bright ray of light. Soon, the dry, lifeless area that Kamiki became was replaced and returned back to its original self. I stood in shock, amazed by Asami’s powers.

         “Okay, how did you do that?” I asked.

         “I imagined that I cut it down, then it just fell from the branches.” Asami admitted, facing me.

         Okay, that was clever of her. Note to self: Let Asami handle things.

         “A’ight, let’s go check on the villagers!” Takumi declared, hopping on Asami’s head.

         “Get off, bug.” Asami demanded.

         “How many times must I tell you!? I AM NOT A BUG!” Takumi ranted, burning a deep red.

         “Yeah yeah yeah, let’s just go check on the villagers,” she barked, running towards the village, me following closely behind her.

         When we were halfway to the village, I remembered  that everyone was stone.

         “Asami! Everyone’s-”

         But she already found out. Everyone was still stone, including Hayabusa. Was the heck was happening?

         “Their statues… lifeless statues…” she muttered as she sniffed Mushi.

         “This is terrible! We need to find someone with a pulse, and quick!” Takumi blurted out.

         “I don’t think anyone has a pulse at the moment. We need to get to higher ground and see if everything’s alright.” I advised, dashing up the steps, Asami behind me.

         “What about that Sun Deck? That could be high enough!” Takumi suggested.

         “Good idea, Taku.” Asami barked, dashing ahead of me and jumping up to the platform.

         When we reached the platform, all three of us gazed into the sky, noticing that the sun wasn’t even out.

         “Oh great! It’s dark and the sun’s not even out! If we had some kind of magical power to make the sun appear…” Takumi mumbled.

         “Asami, do you think that you can imagine the sun in the sky so that it’ll appear?” I suggested.

         “Nope, I can only cut things down…” Asami barked.

         “Oh great… now what do we do?” Takumi whined.

         “Good things come to those who wait, Takumi…” a faint bark muttered.

         “Umm, Asami? Did you say something?” Takumi asked curiously.

         “No, not at all.” Asami refused.

         “Then who did?” I asked.

         All three of us turned around slowly, coming face-to-face with the Guardian of the Light, Hikari

                Her fur was golden like...well gold and her eyes were silver like the moon. A lightning bolt pattern was on her flank, and her

tail wagged lazily across the ground.

                “I am Hikari, Guardian of the Light and the Wielder of the Gift of Joy.” The Guardian barked.

         “Umm…hi?” Asami barked in more of a question.

         “Asami, you have so much to learn…” Hikari barked.

         “I know I do…” Asami whined.

         “I am one of the Eight Soshi Okami, otherwise known as the Eight Elemental Wolves. You must obtain the 7 other Soshi Okami in order to defeat Yami.” Hikari barked.

         “That seems… hard.” Asami barked.

         “It will be tough, but you seem to have help from this young wolf.” Hikari barked.

         “Oh, yes! His name is Eki and he will help me!” Asami barked gaily.

         “Eki…” Hikari barked.

         “Yes?” I asked.

         “You will benefit from this journey as well. While Asami will receive the techniques, you will receive the gifts. They won’t have any effect in the beginning, but in the end, they will help Asami win.” Hikari barked.

         “The gifts…?” I barked.

         “You will find out more when you reach the others. For now, I give you, Asami, the Sunrise technique. You, Eki, I give you the gift of Joy. Asami, I give you this Celestial Brush. Eki, take this Elemental Mirror. Use them wisely.” Hikari barked, fading away into two orbs of yellow light.

         Both of the orbs flew into me and Asami’s bodies, making us glow for a moment.

         “Wow! The Sunrise Technique! That has the power to turn night into day! Go ahead, Asami! Draw a circle into the sky with the Celestial Brush!” Takumi demanded, hopping on Asami’s head.

         “Mmk, I’ll try.” Asami barked, gripping the brush into her mouth.

         Moments later, the sun was in the sky, shining brightly and making the darkness fade away.

         “YES! It worked! It actually worked!” Takumi praised, glowing a bright yellow.

         Asami and I looked at each other, then laughed a little. That’s when both of us began glowing a pale silver light, growing brighter by the second.

         “Wha- What’s happening?” I barked, looking at Asami weirdly.

         “I- I don’t know!” Asami barked.

         Then, a deep howl came from the both of us, and then everything was black.

~~~

         “Ugh… what happened…” I asked, holding my head with my hands.

         Wait a second! HANDS!? I shot up into a sitting position, noticing that I was NOT a white wolf. Oh my god! What happened?!

         “Miss, you’re finally awake.” A relived elderly voice stated.

         I looked up beside me to find an elderly old woman with a tangerine on her head smiling at me, blankets in her hands.

         “I was worried that you and your friend were dead up on the Sacred Deck, so  I brought you here with the help of my husband. I am Mrs. Tangerine.” she explained, getting on her knees and putting the blankets on the floor.

         “I’m Asami…” I greeted.

         “Your name suits you well, Asami. You are indeed a morning beauty!” Mrs. Tangerine commented.

         “Thanks. Umm… where’s my friend?” I asked curiously.

         “Oh, he’s near the river helping with the laundry. I asked him to continued it while I check up on you.” Mrs. Tangerine reported with a smile.

         “Thank you.” I thanked, getting up and running to the doorway.

         When I was outside, everything was back to normal, but I couldn’t see Eki anywhere. Just then, Takumi comes bouncing up to me, glowing his usual yellow.

         “Asami! Man, you look-”

         “No time for compliments. Where’s Eki?” I stopped him.

         “Over there washing laundry.” Takumi answered.

         I decided over going to Eki and went to look at myself in the river. What I saw was… me.

                My hair was long, reaching to my knees at least, and it was white like snow. My eyes were blue, like the water I was looking into... The red and white yukata that I was wearing was more like a ninja suit underneath. The only thing that covered my feet were...red ribbons? I checked the top of my head. White wolf ears...White wolf tail...at least SOME of me was still....well, me.

                “Wha… what happened to me…?” I muttered.

         “Well… when everything went back to normal, you and Eki kinda transformed into half-humans. See, you still have your wolf ears and tail.” Takumi explained.

         “That’s just-”

         I was cut off as a dark shadow appeared, standing on the water’s surface as if it was the ground.

         “Hello, Asami.” It greeted with an eerie smile.

                Black hair covered his blue eyes that glinted with malice. He dressed like he was from the west...Was he a foreigner?

                “Who are you?” I asked while taking out my rosary.

         He smiled and stated, “I am Kitsune, Esaki’s helper.”

         “You’re the evil dragon’s helper?!” I asked.

         “Yes, now if you come with me without a fight, then I’ll consider sparing your life.”

© Copyright 2011 Akiko (akikochild at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1743984-Okami-Soshi-Okami-Itonami-XxChapter-2xX