*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1744290-Mayas-Adventure
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Entertainment · #1744290
Maya takes a walk in the woods.
    Maya was a young doe. She had been more maybe a month ago and was very curious, still, about the world. Her mother was very protective though so she didn't get to explore much. Maya resented her mother's overprotectiveness. SO one day while her mother was talking to Diana, a rabbit, Maya decided to take a walk in the woods.

    As Maya walked along she soon grew weary. She turned to go back home, but when she did she realized she didn't know the way! Nothing looked familiar. Maya began to sob in dismay. What have I done? she thought. She lay down and cried herself to sleep.

    The next morning Maya awoke to a loud snuffling sound. She froze. Maya thought that this may be a wolf come to harm her. But when she looked around, she saw nothing. Maya knew that the wolf was probably hiding, so very carefully she lay down, trying not to make any noise so she wouldn't catch his attention. After awhile, the snuffling sound stopped. Then the wolf let out a loud howl, so loud that Maya's instinct was to flee, but she knew if she did the wolf would surely catch her.

    Then Douglas peered around the stump behind which she was hiding. Douglas was a friend of Maya's mother. He was a wolf, but she knew he would never harm her. "Hello little one. Your mother sent me to find you," he said in his throaty growl-of-a-voice. Soon Maya and Douglas were on there way back to Maya's mother. When they arrived, they found her mother crying. Practically the whole forest was surrounding her. "OH, MAYA!" she cried and leaped to her feet. After the greetings, Maya and her mother went down to the clearing to play with the other deer.

KMF
© Copyright 2011 Kitriana Marie Forrester (twilighthugger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1744290-Mayas-Adventure