*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1748475-love-comes-around-and-knocks-you-down
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Friendship · #1748475
I'm writing this with a dsi, so chapters are short
chapter 2: like we're meeting for the first time

Oh, how she loved him. The way his hair curled softly around his face. The way he knew almost everything about anything. The way he smiled. But she had a feeling that the sentiment was only one way. Who would, or even could, love someone like her? She constantly laughed too loud, forgot all the homework, and her tendency of emo-ness was slightly frightening. But she loved him still. Looking in the mirror, she inspects herself. "Way too pudgy, glasses mess up my face, messy hair..." she dejectedly thinks. returning to the computer, the now familiar yellow mail symbol appeared. 'Tell me,' it read. 'Well, my dad thought you sent me a romantic text, but you don't text and no one would send me a romantic text anyway,' she replies. Pi's answer comes almost immediately. 'That's just what I wanted you to think, I love you and I always have. I'm slightly drunk, so don't take anything I say seriously.' 'So being drunk makes you say random shit?' 'It makes me say things that are cind of true.' Her heart stops. Could he really feel the same way? She smiles slightly at his spelling error before replying. 'I don't know whether or not to believe you...' 'I have been trying to keep this a secret, but I can't anymore. love, Pi.' She almost faints as a giddy feeling spreads throughout her, blocking her senses. 'I like you too.'
*one week later*
Her heart skips a beat as the boy approaches her. "Hey." She smiles in response, before starting a conversation about html. As the bell rings, she looks back at him walking away. The feeling inside her returns to a dull pang of sadness. Even after the winter confession, nothing had changed, the only difference was an abundance in emails. "Be happy with what you have," she tells herself, "it's more than you thought would happen." Even with her self beration, the sadness grows slightly as he walks out of sight.
© Copyright 2011 the undercover lover (natsha-pink at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1748475-love-comes-around-and-knocks-you-down