*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1748962-The-Deceiver
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Fantasy · #1748962
The beginning of my book.
Chapter 01: A peaceful world

In the beginning of all that happened, happens or even yet has to begin,
There was nothing...
Just a god.
And He?
He made everything.
His name was Heran and He was thinking of how to shape a perfect world that was fair and beautiful. But this He could not do alone, He knew this and thus he made five other, weaker gods who obeyed and loved him.
“Children,” He began “I give to you a world where you must make things good and fair. I will help you in this but it has to be equally and possible to live on this world by any means.”
“This, we will do, Father. But why? Why do you want this?” asked Lerov out of curiousity.
“I have many reasons and I keep them for my own.”answered Heran.
Hereby the five Children named Fena, Olead, Lerov, Meurta and Synog went to this world.
This world was just an empty space with nothing to walk on or to see. So after some discussion Olead and Lerov went first making a round planet with water and earth.
Hereupon they walked. All doing their own thing to make the land beatiful and fair.
Fena, who loved all nature and flora made great and beautiful forests, plants and flowers.
Olead was responsible for the water. He went everywhere making here and there ponds, lakes , rivers, oceans and waterfalls.
Lerov seperated great parts of the land and let them lay elsewhere.Also he made rocks, grass, sand and much more.
Meurta loved depths and heights so she made cliffs, mountains, hills and caves and a variatie of rocks that lay in the water or on the mountains.
And last but not least Synog made the air, the space, the stars, the moon, the sun, the universe, the wind and Oxygen.
Heran looked at the world when they were done and He was impressed.
He said to them: “This is a great and fair land you made. I am proud of you all. As a gift for your work you are allowed to make animals that can live here. But I warn you. Do not make any other things then animals for that only I will do.”
They all agreed on this and went away again to make animals that could live on this world.They all made other animals according to what they made and loved.
Fena made creatures that mostly lived in the forests and were very shy and quite fast.
Olead made fish and other animals that lived in the water and he spread them over all the water he made.
Lerov made animals that can live only on land. They could live in forests,on mountains, in caves and in all other but water.
Meurta made none for she didn’t like any animal .She only liked the mountains, caves and riches that were in them.
Synog made animals that could fly in the air and were still able to walk on land. He made a great and big eagle that was king of them all. Synog was its master though you could not ever see or hear him, for he sat high on mountains unclimbable, on his throne unseen and ever watching.
In the meantime Heran was pondering what He could make that would live on this fair world.He thought of humans but He knew they were not ready... Yet.
Once He decided what He would do, He went to the world and made Elves.
It is believed that Heran made the Elves for He wanted to be admired.Some say that He wanted His and His children’s work to be admired. While some say He did this for fun and experimented with everyone.
Atleast they all know that they were made by Heran.And most worship him.
The Elves, were quite fair and beautiful to look on but they were quite shy to others they did not know.
Most Elves have long golden hair,were very tall and fair, can see very far, are excellent bowmen, are very wise, can not die of age(which was often seen as a curse among the first Elves), love all on the world that is good, were very talented and were excellent rangers. Ofcourse not all of them were like this. Some had brown or black hair and were very fair and wise too, but they looked rather sad if you compare them to the others.
Heran made them and put them to sleep.
He laid them in an open space in the forest and said to Synog:”Guard these Elves and make sure no harm go on them or they wake up.”
Hereupon Synog answered: ”I will do my best to guard them. But if they wake, what can I do? And what if they see me?”
Heran said he didn’t had to worry. For His spell was strong enough He thought.
While this happened Meurta secretly made the Dwarves in her great caves.
For she didn’t like the Elves who bless nature and don’t care for wealth,caves,mountains or other things she made.
The dwarves were mostly the opposite of the Elves.
They were short,broad,stubborn,loved wealth and all things Meurta made, mostly they had brown hair, were very handy in making things, could live very long (not to die of age for only Heran could do) and also they didn’t like Elves alot.
Heran, though, found this out while He was walking pass the caves.
He heard a sound inside and found Meurta making Dwarves.
Heran was very mad at this and putted one of the strongest sleepings over the Dwarves.” Meurta!” He began.”Why do you do this? Didn’t I tell to all of you that I only make living things except animals?”
Meurta didn’t show any respect for Heran though.
She hated Him for He loved nothing of her work. Atleast this she thought.
“But Father, “Meurta said “you know that I only want to do good and I didn’t mean any harm. But you hate my work so I made some that did. You can not stop me, Father, for doing one thing for myself! You give us too few freedom!”
After she told this she went away to the sacred palace on top of the highest mountain.Here the other four gods were and they were talking and eating happily. Meurta stormed inside full of anger.
“Meurta?” Said Lerov “Why are you so mad?”
“None of your business, Lerov!”answered Meurta.
“But surely something is troubeling you?”
Meurta did not answer on this but sat down and ate a bit.
After a while Heran came inside and did the same.
After He was done He standed up and said some things to the others.
These were His words:
“Children, I am proud on most of you for all the work you have done.”
“As you all know, I have made some that can live upon our world.”
“They will wake tomorrow evening and the first they shall see will be the heaven.”(With this he actually meant the sky, stars and the rest.)
All (except Meurta) cheered on this.
“I need you, Olead, to be around the waters.For if they will fall in by any chance.”
“As you will Father!” answered Olead.
“Meurta!” He called.
“What is it, Father?” answered Meurta angerly.
“You have to shut your caves until they have got a camp.”
“What?!” Meurta stood up and shouted “This I will not do! You have no reason to ask me this! Its the only thing I made and I will keep it!”
Ofcourse the other gods were suprised of Meurta’s behavior.
“M-Meurta, its just temporary. Calm down!” said Fena afraid.
Heran knew that she wouldn’t do this ofcourse.
But He had to make her.
After a long discussion that I will spare you, they all went to sleep.
When Olead was awake, what always was very soon, he went directly to the water nearest to the Elves and hid himself.
After he did this, the Elves awakened from their deep slumber.
As I said they were lying down and the first they saw, were the stars.
There they lay...
Awake and wondering,
who they were.

Chapter 02: The Meeting of the Two Races


So there they lay, thinking.
When suddenly they remembered much things.
Speech, who and what they were, where they were and much other.Heran putted these memory’s in their mind so they wouldn’t be bad and dumb.
“Brethren, we must make a camp here!” Said one of the wisest.
“But from what?” asked another not so wise elf.
“Look around you! We need to get wood, but be careful! We do not know what is in these woods so we best plant others when we are done.”
They began to gather branches and stones that were lying on the ground and they made small axes to cut trees.

Day by day the open ring in the forest grew larger and the Elves established a camp.
They made wooden huts, some wooden platforms in the big surrounding trees as watch posts, and two storage rooms, one for their axes and one for food.
Several days later the Elves found that the whole forest was peaceful so they went making a big city hidden in the centre of the forest.
They planted much trees and lived on the biggest and strongest.
A bit unexpected for Heran was that the Elves were magical and absorbed some of His power when He putted them alseep.
The Elves could make beautiful things and could use magic to help them in this.
With this I do not mean that it allows materials to make or move themselves but I mean that the magic was put into these things, making them even more fair and powerful.
The Dwarves wanted these things whenever they saw them.
But they were not yet awakened...Not yet...
“Well done, my brethren! Here we shall live a long time. I hope we will have no war in this world. Also we should choose our king. One both wise as good.
But it won’t be easy.” Said one wise elf.
“What about you?” asked another.
“Me? No, I couldn’t do that.”
All voted for him though.So he went forth and became king of the Elves.
And he was both wise as good and more.
The Elven wealth increased very hard with him as king.
But I will not tell this now.
The Elves ofcourse were clever but the king was a bit more clever.
He sended spies to the caves at the edge of their forest.
These spies acted as all other Dwarves.
But they could not report soon...
In the meantime, the Dwarves were still asleep.
Meurta tried to waken them up by every spell she knew.
Suddenly the Dwarves woke up and started to sing, dance, feast as best they could.
Meurta was suprised by this sudden uprise and tried to silence them.
“Dwarves! Calm down!” She said.
The Dwarves took no heed of her and went on feasting.
There was one, though, who went to her and said:
“Who are ye, woman? And wha’ do ye do in or caves?” Said the leader of the Dwarves.
“I am your maker! Meurta is my name and I demand your attention!”
At this all Dwarves stopped singing, feasting and drinking.
All their attention went to Meurta and they wondered if she really made them.
“If ye made us, how it com’ ye a woman?” Asked the dwarf leader again.
“Does it matter?!” Yelled Meurta at them.
“ Nay, nay, we just wonderin’.”
“I just am and that is all I have to tell you. But you must listen to me.
Why are you all feasting? Why not built homes and forges and more? I will provide you of material.”
Ofcourse the Dwarves all agreed on this for they needed a living.
Meurta made the Dwarves trust her by doing nice.
This was the plan of Meurta and it wasn’t good...

The next day, the dwarves have builded big forges and strong houses. All hidden in their caves.
“Alright lads, we hav’ to make weapons!” Said the leader when they were done breakfasting.
“Don’t forget tha armor!” Yelled one of them.
“Nay, we can’t forget tha armor! Come on lads! Let’s get forgin’!”
They all cheered at this and went to work.
At noon they were all ready for battle.
“This shall be ‘or victory! We shall kill thos’ Elves!” Yelled the Dwarf leader.
All Dwarves cheered and shook their weapons.
These weapons were mostly axes and hammers.
Also this is the reason why the dwarf leader was called Hamax The Dreadful.
He always wanted war and a world without Elves.
Also he liked axes and hammers alot.
But in the other secret caves of Meurta, she made dragons.
She fed these until they grew very large.
Dragons have always admired gold and big halls filled with them.
Because of the carelessly of Meurta they escaped these caves and attacked the Dwarves in their caves.
The Dwarves, who were armed, were suprised and almost all killed.
But the ones in the army stood outside and didn’t hear any scream or horns for help.
Hamax and his army went into the magical forest of the Elves called Falficel.
This meant ‘First Forest’ for this was the first forest where the Elves were.
After Hamax came close to Falficel he was suprised because of the Elves.
There were armies of Elves ready for war.
All the Dwarves were suprised and grew afraid for the Elves seemed merciless,cruel and mighty.
The Dwarves at the back of the army secretly went back to their caves were they were killed by the dragons.
Hamax saw some elves come forth with their leader named Falfand.
This meant ‘First King’ for, as you could guess, he was the first king of the Elves.
Hamax himself went forth with some of his bodyguards and they met Falfand(and his guards).
They were all heavily armed and ready for an ‘unexpected’ assault.
Hamax and Falfand had a long conversation and it was in the common language.
But as I said, Dwarves can’t speak proper English.
“What do you need in our woods and why do you come so armed, king Hamax of the dwarves?” Asked Falfand.
The fact that the Elves knew their names was that they had scouts in their caves and among them who informed the king of all happenings.
Also some could see in the future, could talk in minds of others, could hear their thoughts or were just all-knowing.
“I just went to tak’ a stroll.” Answered Hamax. “What about ye? Why ar’ ye so armed for?”
“We heard rumours about an evil in the caves, killing all of your kind. But seeing you here means this is not true.”
“What evil ‘in or caves? What killin’ ? ” asked Hamax confused.
“As I said, it was just a rumour. I knew He wouldn’t allow any Evil at these lands.”
“Who’s He?” asked Hamax again.
“What ?! Do you not know our great god Heran?! He made everything!
Including you and me and all of our people!”
Falfand was of course mad that Hamax and the Dwarves didn’t know who Heran was. Luckely you couldn’t be there and be one of the Dwarves.
On one side they were killed by dragons and on the other ready to be killed by the Elves.
Their conversation turned to a discussion which was very long and tiring.
At several times they almost began to fight.
At the same time, the Dragons were done hunting the dwarves and went to rest. They got all the dwarves their treasure and laid it on multiple hordes on which they slept.
When finally Hamax and Falfand were done discussing, Hamax and his dwarves went back to their caves but they were ashamed for they could not do their task Meurta asked; Kill all Elves!
Once they were back they saw smoke and smelled a very nasty stench.
They went in and were suprised by all their dead kin.
They stormed further into the cave full in rage.
There they found ten dragons who were guarding the hordes.
The dwarves and dragons fought until they couldn’t.
Some dwarves fled and with them was Helax, Hamax’ son.
After a little while the dragons won the battle even though they bought it with a great price.
four dragons died and some gold was taken (which made them very very angry),and though two of the youngest dragons returned to the caves they came from, all the remaining dragons went to a rage.
The dwarves that fled went back to the forest where they found a somewhat smaller armed force but Falfand still stood there.
“Falfand! Falfand!” Yelled Helax.
“Helax, what are you doing here again?”
“Ther’ ar’ dragons in ‘or caves! They killed most of ‘or kin!”
“What?” Falfand sighed. “I knew it was too good to be true...”
“Huh, whadda ye mean?”
“Nevermind me. Show me where the dragons are!”
Helax and Falfand went back to the dwarven caves.(Ofcourse there was a host of elves with them and the survivor dwarves.)
“Her’ it is.” Said Helax.
“Thanks. Go back to our forest. There you will get help and you can get some rest.”
“What? No, I don’t wanna go! Lemme fight!”
Falfand made no response but he and his elves went in the caves.
Helax and his dwarves followed for they did not want that Elves looked braver than Dwarves in caves.


Chapter 03: The weeping of the world


With Falfand, Helax at head, they slowly and warely crept on, deeper and deeper, passing hundreds of lifeless bodies at where the dwarves would weep for they knew every single one of them.
As they turned at a corridor, darkness swallowed them and they could not see anything further than a few inches.
As time seemed to pass slowly and they kept walking, they finally came to a big open room with old, gilded pillars, holding up the ceiling. In there they could see the four remaining dragons, sleeping on hoards of gold, emitting a red/ orange heat.
“There they are.” Whispered Falfand to Ëilenaini, a female elven commander, who was cloth in shining dark armor with a face-covering helmet. Mighty she looked as she drew two swords.
“Everyone get ready!” Ëilenaini whispered to the army and the dwarves.
As they slowly went from the dark small entrance into the spacy room, they made ready. Lines after lines, Falfand, Ëilenaini and Helax at the front.
“We must first see for any good spots to strike, and if they really are asleep, for they might be pretending and then just kill us when we approach.” Falfand whispered.
“Und wat will we do?” Helax responded.
“We will pierce those spots. Ëilenaini, have you seen anything yet?”
“It looks as their skin is full of scales, but their bellies seem more vulnerable. We should try to pierce their hearts as soon as we can.”
“Then that will be our objective.” Falfand answered and gave a sign upon everyone moved silently and slowly to the dragons at first.
The dragons directly woke and stood up when they came close. Breathing fire and clawing their enemies out of the way, they made a lot of victims.
But the three leaders wouldn’t bend to any heat or smash. As swift as a horse Ëilenaini run up a dragon’s tail and pierced its eyes with her two swords. The dragon went on a blind rampage in answer.
Another dragon was pierced by ten spears, but none pierced his heart and he was furiously killing everyone in front of him. Falfand went to him and, after fending off its fiery breath with his shield, he ran under the dragon and deeply pierced its mouth and skull.
During all this, all the dwarves and even Helax stood still, looking in awe at the power of the elves. Suddenly the dwarves ran towards a big black dragon, who was killing a group of elves with ease, while having more than fifteen spears in his stomache. He was roaring and breathing flame again while the ground quavered and trembled as he stomped on an elf.
Then he noticed the dwarves, who were pushing and smacking the spears even deeper. As he crushed the dwarves under him, Helax threw one of the spears in his mouth, which pierced his heart and made a wound in his throat. As the dragon bled to death, in a split second he tried to crush Helax under him, but Falfand seeing this, ran up to Helax and tossed him out of the way and the remaining dwarves returned this favor immediatly by throwing as hard as they could their weapons and even rocks at the dragon, who then fell the to the other side. As there was only one dragon left, Ëilenaini swiftly killed it by slashing its throat open. As its last cry faded, a quake was felt and when it fell on the ground dead, everyone cheered, but also mourned for the dead.

This is the start of a big story (book).
© Copyright 2011 SunSlayer (sunslayer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1748962-The-Deceiver