*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1751192-Dignity-and-Pride
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Inspirational · #1751192
A thorough, yet candid contrast of the differences between having Dignity and Pride...
Dignity.....dignity is something that should never be compromised, not to gain material possessions, not for love, not even for the sake of one's own life...Pride is another matter, do not mistake pride for dignity....Pride is the symbolic extension of material wealth and will deteriorate your soul from the moment of it's conception into one's being....Love cannot exist where there is Pride because Pride is the murderer of Love,....and it's true you should die with dignity but pride will get you killed....To relinquish your dignity for the sake of material gains and/or ambitions is foolery...and the moment you act on such a desire you will feel your soul die a little inside and that which you have gained which was suppose to give you great pleasure and delight now only gives you grief and shame....Your dignity should NOT be laid aside in the name of Love because TRUE LOVE will never jeopardize your dignity...A man will spend his days catering to his woman and cherishing all that she is in his admiration her.....A woman will soothe her man's troubled heart and bring peace to his life and exalt him as her King and allow him to feel truly fulfilled as a man. Dignity should not be abandoned for the sake of one's own life...What is it to be alive and not have dignity? Can that really be called living? Or is it a substandard version of life that is present when a person has either relinquished or been stripped of their humanity...to merely breathe air but not inhale life....to see the world but too ashamed to see oneself....to hear the teeming of life around oneself yet unable to hear the voice of one's own heart...to consume sustenance but never taste that which is admitted into one's temple....to feel the blood pumping through one's veins only to feel the death generating in one's soul.... What is it to live with Pride in one's heart? We all are nothing but dust and one day we all must rot and decay...what is there to be proud of? A Proud heart will cloud the judgment of the keenest of minds. And in the search of great wealth, poverty will be the inevitable end to the journey...Love nourishes a relationship and feeds the souls of the people in thereof, but Pride depletes, deprives, and famishes only to feed itself...In order for Pride to live everything around it must die...A heart of love is as warm as the sun's morning rays, but a heart of pride is colder than a blizzard at the peak of a mountain...Pride has taken many lives, many men and women have given up there lives foolishly so that their pride could live...It is impossible to live with pride because the moment you accept it into your heart you've already begun to die....God has created us in His image and therefore we have a right to obtain dignity, however we will always fall short of the glory and are like filthy rags before Him, so we have no right to feel a sense of pride in this existence. No Man or Woman is worth your dignity....nothing of mankind is worth your dignity...Only that which is of God can truly be worth throwing away all dignity, because which one of us can truly be dignified in the presence of the Almighty and His perfection... Anyone who has wisdom has dignity and will live their days in understanding and prosperity, But the pride of a fool will most certainly be his undoing...

Jeremy Cole © Copyrighted. 2010
© Copyright 2011 PoeticKing (poeticking at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1751192-Dignity-and-Pride