*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1751195-Weather-or-Not
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Drama · #1751195
A man's lament over the uncertainty of his relationship with the woman in his life.
I have to admit that I now stand transfixed upon elegance in it's purest and rarest form, the form of a real woman...My eyes don't lie even though my heart may decieve, that the reason why sometimes my soul may cry and bleed but yet and still I'm like, "Never say die!". Because I refuse to live a lie or love one for that matter that's why I look to her because she is the truth. She may not be Lady Ruth or the Virgin Mary, but life without her seems so scary. Which is why I will fight to preserve that which she is, A Queen....Of all the treasures of life that I've endured she is the most pleasant by far. To claim the love of a real woman is no easy task to say the least, not many men can weather the storm of emotional turbulence that generates from the raging scorn of a woman's past, but one must remember that storms are temporary and are never meant to last. Sometimes that person has to go through their storms alone, lest you stand by them and get struck by lightning and singed to ashes, when what you should do is idle and wait until the storm passes. There's no guarantee that there will be anything for you when the storm ends, because the damage of the natural disaster may be too immense. But in life everyone needs somebody to lean on, but have no desire to share pain with her, only immeasurable pleasure that can only be shared by those enjoined by the covenant connections of love. Even though hard times make hard people, I refuse to be bitter, in fact I think you're so sweet I'd just like to taste you once again and sample the delectable fruit of life that can only be bore from your love. It's true that if you can't love a person at their worst then you don't deserve them at their best, but it's hard to bring out the best in someone when you struggle to keep from drowning in their worst. Some people choose to be lovers and some people choose to be fighters, but I choose to be both because you have to fight for love, however in life you have to know when and how to choose your battles, because if you choose unwisely you may just lose the war. And with you I'd never want to spar, and in my sky you're my only star, but i'd hate for our love to leave a scar, so I feel it's best we spend time apart. And if it's in His plan then one day you'll be my woman and i'll be your man, but for now until then we just have to leave it in His hands.....

Jeremy Cole © Copyrighted. 2010
© Copyright 2011 PoeticKing (poeticking at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1751195-Weather-or-Not