*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1751389-My-God
Rated: E · Other · Inspirational · #1751389
A man praising and thanking God for everything He is and has been to the man...
I can’t help but thank God for His undying love and mercy. Even at my lowest points when I believed that I was at my highest, through grace and tender mercy He brought me down to realize just how low I really was. When God brings you down He places you down in safety, but when you fall on your own, you fall to your death. The beautiful thing is that God’s lowest points overlook our highest points, so when He takes you down He’s actually lifting you up. Regardless of the vast treasures of this world, there is no greater treasure than the Kingdom of Heaven. The cup from which this world would offer to quench the thirst of your parched soul is only a sweet flavored poison that will only corrode and decay you from the inside. Though it will give you great delight and excitement in the evening and deep into the night, death will come in the morning. Only God has the living waters that can truly nourish your spirit and quench that voracious thirst that has created that gapping emptiness in your soul. Do not listen to the beautiful lies of this world, for God is the Truth. And even though He is the Truth we lie to ourselves that we don’t need Him, we turn down His hand of perfection and leave our lives up to our faulty and misguided choices. Yet when calamity falls upon us we absolve ourselves from fault and blame God for our predicaments because He has the ability to prevent these misfortunes and we resent Him for it. However, one must ask, “Does He resent us for having the ability to reject His help?” If we would but only surrender our lives and our struggles to Him, He would fight our battles on our behalf. But if you insist on continuing to fight the ‘good’ fight then you will die on the battlefield that is already condemned to death……..All Praise & Glory be unto Him, My God Yeshua (Jesus Christ)

Shalom

Copyrighted© 2010, J.L. Cole
© Copyright 2011 PoeticKing (poeticking at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1751389-My-God