*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1753446-The-Feeling-of-Space
by Smokey
Rated: E · Fiction · Sci-fi · #1753446
an ode to Carl Sagan
Stars everywhere i look, i wouldn't miss an inch of this sight not even for all the money in the world.
It's been three days now since we went past the Alpha Centauri system and 9 days since we left from the moon spaceport and the view is getting better and better with every light-year we pas.
Wen i look behind me i can see our Solar systems star getting further and further away from me.
Wen i wake up every morning i don't awake with a sun rise but with a galaxy rise, a morning filled with two-hundred billion suns arising with the milky-way.
Our ship is traveling with a speed close to the speed of light and it might take us according to my navigator at least another 9 days to reach our destination.
But frankly i don't care much if i get there as long as i can enjoy this view i'm willing to die here, here on the Federations Starship the Carl Sagan.
© Copyright 2011 Smokey (smokey1990 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1753446-The-Feeling-of-Space