*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1754235-Spring
Rated: E · Other · Writing · #1754235
freewriting
I can recall so fondly the way that the changing of the seasons made me feel.
I no longer walked out of my front door to a frigid Winter breeze, causing goosebumps to surface on impact.
Instead, I rolled out of bed to a warm, radiant Spring sun.
It was greeting me, “Good morning to you.”
I smiled with contentment as my disposition changed, and proceeded to illuminate the tip of my cigarette.
Inhale, exhale, repeat.
Upon finishing my smoke, I decided to sit in the quiet for a while, and ponder my thoughts.
I had been longing for warmth since the day that Winter began, and to my pleasant surprise, it had arrived.
I always felt the prettiest in the Spring.
My skin would begin to tan, and my shoulders and nose would begin to freckle.
I had always loved sitting down in my car's cracked leather seats, after they had been heated by the mid-day sun.
I could drive with sunroof open, it always seemed to give me a sense of freedom, since I no longer had to enclose myself to preserve warmth.
I was more of a morning person in the Spring.
More inspired to go out and be productive, instead of laying around in bed, chilled from the Winter cold.
Along with the Spring came feelings of prosperity, opportunity, and spontaneity.
Christmas, New Year's eve, and Valentine’s Day had finally come and gone, and I no longer had to be sad about spending the Winter holidays that lovers enjoyed, alone.
Because warm weather meant traveling.
It meant adventuring, sight seeing, and new faces.
And new faces in new places, held a world of opportunity.
The imagery of the memories that were going to be made with the coming season came to mind.
It felt refreshing to be carefree and full of positivity, if even for only a short while.
It was Spring, and my spirits seemed to be lifted.
Simply because of the way that the changing of the seasons made me feel.
© Copyright 2011 rachel-k (bbyrachelk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1754235-Spring