*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1754237-Summer-feelings
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1754237
free write
I remember the humid air on that warm August day, the leaves were barely browning for the coming fall.
His blue eyes always had their way with me, I couldn’t turn them down at all.
His skin was tan from the summer we had shared, his hair blonded by the sun.
His sun-kissed nose was my favorite kissing place, along with his freckled shoulders, when they were bared.
I realized an entire summer had passed us by, as we walked as slowly as we could.
The long goodbye a few steps ahead haunted me, and as the last step was taken, I let out a sigh.
I left my small town for a while in search of something real, but I had never expected what I found.
I wrapped my arms around him as tightly as I could, desperate to grasp the memory of how it would feel.
As I drove away, I glanced in my rear-view one last time, only to see his smiling wave goodbye grow distant.
I would come back for him someday.
© Copyright 2011 rachel-k (bbyrachelk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1754237-Summer-feelings