*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1758654-The-Fortunetellers-Warning
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Drama · #1758654
A young woman's dream turns into a tragedy.
                Day by day, each person we meet, people we pass by or even talk to for a while could take a vital part in our life. Not knowing what role they would be playing, we must remember that what lay in our future would depend on our hands.



                I could not believe when John told me that he made an appointment with Madam Rose, a fortuneteller. As always, my fiancĂ© surprises me and even to this day I could not imagine how I head-over-heels fall with this guy. Arriving at nine in the morning, I went with John to this deserted harbor where Madam Rose could be found. My eyes readily scan the place and there, sitting in a chair near the shoreline, was a small woman starring above the cloudless sky. My heart started to beat faster when my fiancĂ© hold my hand to approach her. I did not know why but I had a fear of what could be the outcome of this meeting. Without looking at us, the fortuneteller said, “I can’t do anything more, your destiny has been decided. If don’t leave this girl, your life is at risk.” I was dazed by those statements and could not even accept what this senile woman had told us. John tried to talk to Madam Rose but she refused to say more.



                After we left, we were bounded by the heavy traffic. So disappointed and bored while watching the slow moving lines of cars, I decided to turn the radio on. One to three songs came and then it was interrupted by the news,” A mysterious-looking car was seen in the Mendoza murder case this morning. This white Honda with heavily tinted windows was gone after the crime was reported. Based on the investigation, the car bearing no plate was the possible killer’s runaway car-“. After having most of the news, I wearily turn it off. While I was looking out in my left side, the opposite car’s tinted window opened, revealing a man who was saying something. I lowered my window, and catch the question of the man. He asked how to get in the nearest airport. Not knowing the direction, I told John what the man’s want. Then, after my boyfriend answered, I gave the man the direction.



                After John took me to my house, I bade him good day and said sorry for what happened. Hours had passed; I was in the kitchen preparing for my dinner when my cell phone rang. It was John’s mother saying in a sad tone, “Cassie, I know you’ll not believe, but…John’s dead. His car crashed into another car. He was trying to catch a flight but unfortunately, the Mendoza criminals’ car was chased by the police thus, crash their way to John’s car. I’m sorry…”

© Copyright 2011 A.L. Hen (alhen_1475 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1758654-The-Fortunetellers-Warning