*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1758781-The-Board
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1758781
A group of teens get together to play with an Ouija board thinking its just a game.
Some say its just a game. Others say its real. I say it's the most dangerous game. Ouija. The rules are simple enough.

1. Never play alone.

2. Never ask the "spirit" for proof.

3. Use your manners.

4. Don't move the planchette on your own.

5. Always say goodbye.

We didn't follow the rules and here's our experience.



Six of us around the table. Around the board. We all grinned at each other, but one. "Are you sure about this Cici?" one of the girls asked looking at me. I nodded and looked at the letters and numbers along with the beautiful designs around the boarder. Everyone soon placed their fingers on the planchette. Almost immediately the planchette spells out 'Hello.' One of the guys chuckled and looked at everyone. "Sorry guys just screwing around," he said. "Bobby!" one of the other girls squealed. I giggled at her but stopped when the planchette started to move across the board. It went through the alphabet and everyone looked at Bobby. "I'm not doing anything," he said. One of the other guys had looked at the board and looked around. "Guys it just spelled Rachael," he said. She looked at us to see if it was us moving it. We all shook our heads and looked at the board. "What about Rachael?" I asked feeling a little stupid. I looked at everyone and back at the board. We all watched it move across the board only to be a little scared when it spelled out 'I will get her.' Rachael stared at me wide-eyed and jumped up knocking the chair over. "Don't worry Rachael. Its just a game," I said. Soon enough the planchette started moving spelling out 'You think this is just a game!' "Prove its not just a game," Rachael screamed at the board. The room filled with the smell of rotting flesh. The chandelier shook continuously as if a 6.5 scaled earthquake came through and stayed in the same spot. Rachael fell down like her knees buckled. When she stood back up she had a demonic look on her face. "Just a game," Rachael yelled with a completely different voice. She ran towards the table and leaped for me. She raised me against the wall by the throat and smiled evilly. I was choking trying to peel her hands away from my neck. She collapsed making me fall down. I stood up backing away from her. She started shaking and we all stared with fear. Her eyes rolled to the back of her head. Blood came from her eyes as if she was crying only for her to shake more. "Just a game. Do you still think so?" a voice came from Rachael's mouth. Everyone rushed to Rachael as Bobby flipped the Ouija board over and Charlie picked her up putting her on the couch. She stopped shaking and so did the chandelier. Once Rachael's eyes went back to normal she started to cry real tears. She calmed down enough to tell us what was wrong, as if we didn't already know. She went on about demonic images and satanic rituals that looked like they were being played back from a video camera. "Its not just a game guys. Its real," Rachael whispered to us. We nodded in agreement and put the board away. The stench of rotting flesh left the room. All six of us were scared out of our wits to even go pee by ourselves.



Months later I sold the Ouija board in a garage sale. I was sure to put a note in the box for the next owners, saying:

I promise its not just a game.

Its real.
© Copyright 2011 MyLostAngel (musicals at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1758781-The-Board