*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1759352-Chapter-one-The-Arrangement
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1759352
chapter one in the twins story. Twins are given bad news to their future (edited)
         We were born in the oddest of ways for our people. We came into the world holding hands. Our mother knew we would be inseparable at that moment. To have twins is an extreme rarity for our people. To be borne with our heads almost touching as we came out was even more rare. So far we are the only two twins to be borne in this way. So far we are the only twins in our town...

        As we grew we became even more inseparable. When we were two we found we could read each others minds. A few months later we found that when one of us got hurt the other could feel the others pain. We spent all of our time together. We would cry if we were separated.

         When we turned five went to school but we did not talk to the other students. When we answered a question the teacher would get mad and say we had to speak one at a time. We never spoke at school again... We always made fun of everyone else for being inferior. We thought we were better because we had each other and no one else had either of us. We were determined to be known as one person, because that is what we felt we were.

        "Ailiena! Aneilia! Come down for breakfast!" We bolt up out of bed. Today is our 16th birthday. We are excited about finally getting our ears, our tails came last year. We skip to the mirror and gaze at our reflection. There they are! Our little ears! We lift our hair and see that our other set has closed up, and begun to shrink. We bound down the stairs to show our mother. She seems proud at this point. but she looks sad. We ask her about it but she says she will tell us later and that it is a surprise.

         Today we feast on a fish cake for breakfast. mom has made it to look like a two headed Monoi. and by the taste we think that is what is in it, it is so rich and flakey. Next we open our presents. There is one pile that is pink the other is blue. all the presents are numbered so we can open our presents together. We start at one because our mother numbers them in accordance with what is in them.

         In order we go through 20 presents that are all dresses. The next 10 are shoes. We are ecstatic! these dresses and shoes are of the finest make! We also know our mother couldn't have aforded all of our gifts. These are things that a princess would wear. Our next present is a vail. This takes us by surprise. Only brides are allowed to wear vails. We look quizzically at our mother and she urges us to go on and open our last two gifts. One is a suitcase with a small bag of gold, the other is a summons for a marriage to the prince of Kitteth.



Here is the link to chapter two! if it doesnt work the just click on my name at the top of this page and a drop-down should come up. then click on view portfolio and that will bring up all of my work in writing.com. I know this wasn't very good but dont worry about the next chapter not being very good. im just not good at starting stories.



http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1759340-Chapter-two-The-intruders
© Copyright 2011 Kimmy R. Miton (kimberlymm2win at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1759352-Chapter-one-The-Arrangement